My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clear some Gray Alders pass on forest road what I cone make, this alders I going to use on firewood..

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,320 Posts
I always like your video, thanks for sharing. And, clearing your new road looks like a great project. Good luck. Here in PA, I do almost all my cutting in the cool to cold weather. So, I'd definitely work now, rather than wait till Summer when my woods are hot, buggy, and my days are filled with projects closer to the house (like mowing).

Finally, I love my Dolmars too. I have this small fleet of the last pre-merger Dolmars. Actually, I sold the 32 recently and added a 421, but somehow haven't got the pictures yet, so here is a quick video of the 421 limbing out a Red Oak that was felled by one of the bigger brothers:

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always like your video, thanks for sharing. And, clearing your new road looks like a great project. Good luck. Here in PA, I do almost all my cutting in the cool to cold weather. So, I'd definitely work now, rather than wait till Summer when my woods are hot, buggy, and my days are filled with projects closer to the house (like mowing).

Finally, I love my Dolmars too. I have this small fleet of the last pre-merger Dolmars. Actually, I sold the 32 recently and added a 421, but somehow haven't got the pictures yet, so here is a quick video of the 421 limbing out a Red Oak that was felled by one of the bigger brothers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2f51Nl6dkw
Thank You, I already clear that road way and make road basement with My backhoe.. I say in video that I maybe make road in next summer but here this autumn was quite warm and ground was on icy..

Your are right about that cutting work, it is much easier to do in cool weather.. gladly here in Finland We have lost of good cutting weathers.. :tango_face_wink:

You have that PS-32C model that is almost same than My PS-35 C, I like this Dolmar a lot, very handy and lightweight to use, it suits on My hands like a glove, of course this have not much cubic capacity so it needs enough R.P.M when cutting and chain has to be in good shape but after all it is very good chain saw.. seems that You have few Dolmars.. I can use that 510 if You send one to me.. :tango_face_smile_bi

·
Senior Tinkerer
1,591 Posts
Thanks for the video. Looks like you're having all the fun!
Do you mill some of those logs yourself? Should be some nice pieces and some left over to burn.

Gerald

·
Senior Tinkerer
1,591 Posts
OK, I understand. Back when I was cutting a lot of firewood, not much thought was given to turning any of the logs into lumber. Many a piece that would have made beautiful lumber went up in smoke! I think of that these days every time I go to the lumber yard. :tango_face_crying:

Gerald

1 - 6 of 6 Posts