My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Joe
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I stopped briefly at Lockport on our way home from Niagara Falls a few years ago. Has anyone here ever taken the boat tour? Is it worth it to do? Are there any other interesting things to do/ see should we decide to visit there again?
TIA

·
Registered
10 Posts
The boat tour goes up thru the locks and returns. It is an interesting ride in one of 3 boats.
Paddle wheel to African Queen size.

There is the Lockport Cave underground boat tour and the small Lock Museum.

You have to try the Zipline over the canal,one over and one back.

·
Joe
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The boat tour goes up thru the locks and returns. It is an interesting ride in one of 3 boats.
Paddle wheel to African Queen size.

There is the Lockport Cave underground boat tour and the small Lock Museum.

You have to try the Zipline over the canal,one over and one back.
I wasn't aware there is a cave. The trip and museum sound pretty neat. The zipline? Well.... I'm 66. Not real sure about that.?
Thanks for the info.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,043 Posts
I spent a summer working at a used car dealership in Lockport when I was a softmore in college. Was rebuilding a car for a friend of mine over the summer. The guy that owned the dealership was a used car salesman in every sense of the word. Well, at least he pretty much stood behind his stuff, but he bought some clunkers at auction, and had us fixing them to get them 80% ok to resell.. Very nice area up there, a bit depressed since the GM Harrison plant closed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts