My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the interwebs for a replacement starter. I've reviewed multiple sites but the parts finches I've looked through are missing the starter. Any help would be appreciated, my knowledge on tractors is limited.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Parts collector
2,772 Posts
What engine is that? Looks like a Briggs or a Kohler. There should be plenty out there. Check e-bay for new or a rebuild kit. You need the engine model not the tractor model to get a starter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What engine is that? Looks like a Briggs or a Kohler. There should be plenty out there. Check e-bay for new or a rebuild kit. You need the engine model not the tractor model to get a starter.
It's a 16hp Briggs.
I've looked all round for the engine model but only came up the a blank model number plate. I couldnt find any stampings anywhere.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did some investigating today and noticed a rusty spot on top of the engine cover. I dabbed a little oil on the surface and boom! There's my model number!!!! Haha

·
2,117 Posts
You can try Isavetractors.com for information and parts or simpletractors.com for more information whatever it is ..that is a rock solid machine..made by AC Isavetractors.com may have the kit to rebuild it what model tractor is it?...if it is on one of those tags could not make it out

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it safe to say that the battery voltage would cause this gear to stripout?

·
2,117 Posts
Not from electricity at all...it just did not line up with the flywheel when it rode up the helix...what tractor is it from?..I know it is a simplicity ...what model?...did you try either of the places I suggested?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not from electricity at all...it just did not line up with the flywheel when it rode up the helix...what tractor is it from?..I know it is a simplicity ...what model?...did you try either of the places I suggested?
I was figuring the low voltage would cause it to not fully engaged causing the gears to strip. I did try them and I have a starter arriving next week. Thank you. The tractor is a 7016

·
2,117 Posts
A sovereign..nice!...If the voltage were low I don't think it would turn the engine and get it started.....where were you able to find the starter?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A sovereign..nice!...If the voltage were low I don't think it would turn the engine and get it started.....where were you able to find the starter?
A place called "your quality solution" had a new one in stock

1 - 12 of 12 Posts