My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After doing a search for the same and giving up after 20-some pages, I'm sure I'll get some flak on this post.

I realize that loading tires is just a matter of breaking a bead and filling that way, but, how do you load tires that have tubes...aside from removing the valve core? I did find an adapter over at TSC:
http://www.tractorsupply.com/vehicle-maintenance-accessories/tires/vehicle-tire-repair/adapter-air-water-1170832
Now, I have considered loading the tires/tubes with just water straight from the hose, but, even in Texas, it can and does get a little....drafty in the winter.
I just want to know that if I use windshield washer fluid, how would I go about "installing" it.

Bob

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have also pondered this feat and I found the perfect solution. I am taking my tires and wheels to my local shop and having them loaded for $15.00 per tire. It will save me more money in labor than the $30.00 that I will have to pay them . His charge is less than the price of the fluid. I do my mechanical, welding , body and paint but after pricing the loading of the tires, I can't see where I can save by spending more than someone will charge and I won't have 17 empty plastic jugs to throw away.

·
Banned
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
****, Oldgoat, you make it sound as if I should contact Ripley's if I succeed in filling the tubes. LOL With all the guys/girls here on this forum, I can't believe I'm the only one running tubes and wanting to the load the tires. Someone has had to have done this....without going to a tire shop.

Bob

·
Registered
864 Posts
SleazyRider
I fill my own.
I bought this adapter at tractor supply

And this drill operated pump at the local hardware store (Do it center)

I have a short hose from a washing machine that i run from the bucket to the pump. Then a short garden hose from the pump to the adapter where it connects to the valve stem. This type of adapter has a small button on it to relieve the air pressure. You just fill the bucket with windshield washer fluid, and turn on the drill. Make sure it is turning the right way. pump several gallons in and stop. Relieve the pressure, and pump till you get the amount in that you want. I fill mine till its even with the valve stem when it is in the 12:00 o'clock position.
I have done several sets of tires this way, But as oldgoat53 stated if you have a shop that will do it for a reasonable price it would be much easier.
I just like fiddling with stuff like this so i do my own

·
Banned
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:fing20: I must be having a brain fart, Diz. I should have thought of that. Some things, I guess, I over-think.

You saying any tire shop, like Goodyear or Firestone will load the tires?

Bob

·
Registered
268 Posts
That's the one I was trying to find to post.

Diz Jr.,that is a great idea :fing32:

If you don't have an air compressor like in the inserted link this looks like it will work and shouldn't be more than $15-$20,cheaper than a air compressor,as most do have a drill of some sort.
I went into TSC the first time this past weekend in Macon,didn't have alot time to look but liked it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts