My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting a loader tractor for some time now. I could use it around the house but I have other uses for it around the private neighborhood I live in. We do all of our own road repairs and it could come in handy. I know it could use some work but I'm not afraid of that. I know it has its limitations but I can't afford a Kubota, nor do I want one. I have got him down a bit on the price. What would you guys pay? I TRUST knowone here will try to snarf it from under me.
http://newlondon.craigslist.org/grd/2760002123.html

·
Registered
650 Posts
I've been wanting a loader tractor for some time now. I could use it around the house but I have other uses for it around the private neighborhood I live in. We do all of our own road repairs and it could come in handy. I know it could use some work but I'm not afraid of that. I know it has its limitations but I can't afford a Kubota, nor do I want one. I have got him down a bit on the price. What would you guys pay? I TRUST knowone here will try to snarf it from under me.
http://newlondon.craigslist.org/grd/2760002123.html
There was a guy near me that used to deal in Economy's. He got $1500 just for a loader attachment with no tractor. I'm thinking $12-$1500 is fair by the pic.

·
Electrician
937 Posts
Sounds like your the guy for this machine. You have alot to work with there and I think it could become a very good everyday working tractor with some TLC. Best of luck in the purchase routine.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Doesn't seem like a bad price to me. Off topic: That is the oldest Economy I've seen with a loader.

·
1971 PowerKing 1614
244 Posts
Hey Ken,

Did you see this tractor in person? If so, did you get the serial off of it? I've seen alot of pictures of older PKs and this doesn't look like one to me. If you haven't seen it, I could run over and check. It is "right down the street" from me.

Steve

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Ken your starting to turn into a pk junkie! Im starting to get jelous of your herd... post pics of course.

·
1971 PowerKing 1614
244 Posts
Wow..alot of CT guys on here now. Where are you guys located and do you all have PKs? Yah, that blue has to go. I don't think that anyone on here would go to NS and try to under cut Ken to get it. I think most would want to just check it out or help load it for him.

Steve

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The trailer is on the truck, the tank of the ole Chevy is full of high octane and I'm outta here at 7am tomm morning for the two hr. ride to go pick this tractor up.
I bought this tractor sight unseen. I made my offer based on his description (that I trust is accurate) and he accepted. He told me it all works, and well. I'm not too sure how powerful it will be with the Briggs on it but if it needs more nut I'll repower it with something larger. Even if it needs a ton of pricey parts I'll be honest, my 1614 I recently put back together is going to become a parts tractor, or if its not a real big deal the loader will go on the 1614. If I'm REAL lucky it'll need very little and then I may sell the 1614. I really don't need three big tractors here but a loader will no doubt come in handy. We shall see!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The loader is home! after a 5 hr. round trip I'm pretty darn tired, in another few hrs. I have to drive another few hrs. for a family party. (I think I'll make the boy drive so I can sleep!)
The tractor will no doubt need some love, its been farm fixed thru the yrs. so I'm going to go thru it so she's reliable. Then, I'll clean it up and blast a quick paint job on it. I'd like to get a hood back on it but I'll have to do some rearranging to do that. Are the 3 point hitches desirable and what are they worth? I doubt I'll be needing it. The loader turned out to be a Johnson and it works well. Anyway here are some pics.

·
Electrician
937 Posts
That is one super nice loader Ken, enjoy your cleaning and painting. Can't wait to see it when your done.:fing32:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
its definitely an older model, id say very late 50's but i im most likely wrong. even though its blue there is no mistaking what it is. if its the hood the wraps all the way around to where a dash would be, those hoods are rare and expensive. it would be cheaper to make one...

EDIT: you may want to keep the 3pt to make a weight box for it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It has foot pedals on it and I'm curious as to how the front rims are held on? Is that how the earlier ones were? I also notice the rear diif. is different than my 62 Economy and the 69 that I have.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.