My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this ad on Craigslist, for a trashed tubeframe with a Danco loader on it, with an asking price of $400.

http://goldcountry.craigslist.org/grd/1243600994.html

Has anyone here ever modified one of these Danco loaders to add bucket hydraulics? It appears to have the "latch dump" kind of bucket control now.
Also, would it be reasonable to assume that this loader frame would be wide enough to straddle a large frame (14xx) Bolens? I think the loader arms look a bit weak, but they could be boxed to add strength.

I am considering buying the whole thing, keeping the loader components, and selling off what I can of the rest in parts, but don't have any knowledge of the sturdiness of a Danco unit like this.

I know I have seen this ad once almost a year ago, so he's likely to want to move it and I am guessing I could get the whole mess for $300

·
Registered
590 Posts
i can't answer your questions as i don't know much, but if it were local to me i'd jump on it.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
If it were near me, I would probably go for it too. Looks like a great loader for a smaller tractor. The Danco might have been made by Danuser (?). If so, they made and make good products.

Doug

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Actually looks like it had a cylinder between the bucket and the crossbrace.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, maybe I'll ask him to measure the width between the uprights for me, so I can determine whether it will fit around the footrests on a 1476.

If so, I'll probably have to see if I can cut a deal on it, but my biggest problem will be where to stash it until I can make a run up to my place in Idaho.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Go for it. google for danco loader and you will see many images with hydraulics on only one side for the bucket. But even without hydraulics, I think a drop-loader will do the job.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went and looked at this tractor today. It's a POS IMHO. I had my trailer and cash in hand and didn't bother to make an offer. The seller said "it ran great until my son ran into something" The bucket looks home fabbed or repaired and it not hydraulic dump; it's manual. I thought about doing the same and grafting it to my Simplicity, but I think it would be a step backward over just fabbing something myself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oh, I was thinking about offering him $100 since I was there, but he said "the engine alone is worth $325", which is when I decided to walk.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HA!
Thank you for the feedback. He's going to have that for a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts