My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
If I could get good pictures of the actual loader bucket and the force points and see how rusted it is I would have been willing to put a deposit down. Now if it is as rusted as that deck then I am out.

·
Premium Member
6,306 Posts
If I could get good pictures of the actual loader bucket and the force points and see how rusted it is I would have been willing to put a deposit down. Now if it is as rusted as that deck then I am out.
ROPs and side arms look really nice, little rust on side of bucket or in bucket would not concern me.

Reactions: Trentofdestiny

·
Registered
55 Posts
I agree overall from the two pictures you can see the loader in a decent amount it doesn't look like there should be much to worry about. Going to try to call again tomorrow and see if maybe I get someone else that might be willing to send me a few more pictures. I mean that can take them a whole lot of time.

·
Premium Member
6,306 Posts
Wouldn't wait to long though, there are snipers on this site.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

·
Registered
55 Posts
The tractor is sold already when I called again this morning. Was bought more local than I was which is what I figured would happen anyways. Not a huge deal. I am not willing to commit to a purchase that large with that few pictures as they had provided.

·
Premium Member
6,306 Posts
The tractor is sold already when I called again this morning. Was bought more local than I was which is what I figured would happen anyways. Not a huge deal. I am not willing to commit to a purchase that large with that few pictures as they had provided.
Knew it wouldn't last long, that was a good deal.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It really was a good deal but being 10hrs away it was hard to just jump with only 6 pictures. Already have done my mulch for the year so as long as I can find a deal by next year batch that will be my biggest project each year for it.

·
Premium Member
6,306 Posts
It really was a good deal but being 10hrs away it was hard to just jump with only 6 pictures. Already have done my mulch for the year so as long as I can find a deal by next year batch that will be my biggest project each year for it.
Might you be interested in my Buford Bucket if I sell it in the next month or 2? Don't see me taking it with me when we make the move to Virginia? Instant message if you are interested. I'm in South Jersey.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Might you be interested in my Buford Bucket if I sell it in the next month or 2? Don't see me taking it with me when we make the move to Virginia? Instant message if you are interested. I'm in South Jersey.
No thanks. I definitely know I want a full loader for sure. Appreciate it though.

·
Premium Member
6,306 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,306 Posts
Bring it to VA and I’ll buy it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I was going to bring it , I would be tempted to keep it.

Reactions: SycoCell

·
Premium Member
8,537 Posts
How much was that package in NY you were discussing?

Also, how does a 40 loader compare to a 45?

I've been thinking about buying a Deere with a loader for the past few years. The JB Jr. on my Craftsman is OK, but I need a loader with full lift (and would prefer OEM).

Mike

·
Registered
583 Posts

I've been thinking about buying a Deere with a loader for the past few years. The JB Jr. on my Craftsman is OK, but I need a loader with full lift (and would prefer OEM).

Mike
I believe it was around $4700 plus tax and shipping (if required).

The 40 loader fits the 425,445,455 and the 45 loader fits the biggest garden tractors x400, x585/595, x700 series. I believe there was an improvement to the cylinder diameter for better/faster lifting on the newer unit but you can't really compare them because they don't mount on the same tractor. So you have to compare the tractor/loader combination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,306 Posts

Mike
Here is one in NJ, step up from the other one talked about in this thread...

·
Premium Member
8,537 Posts
Thanks for the clarification! Any JD tractor with a loader in decent shape for under $5k sounds like a steal.

Mike

41 - 57 of 57 Posts