My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
the 45 loader has the best fit and is very well built. Additionally - the 45 booms are spaced the same as the 2000 / 3000 series JD loaders. this allows you to convert to the OEM JD quick-attach mounts and us any loader implements that fit the QA system. JD discontinued the 45 loader a number of years ago I think - the 700x series guys can tell you when? I'm running one of the early x595 machines. I did the QA system and switch between the 4-1 bucket and a 50" grapple for doing firewood.

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
Whx595
You were the guy i was thinking when I wrote my last post but left out cause i couldnt remember you name here. I was going to show him to what extreme you could go witha a 45 loader as i recall yours is shimmed really high and prob lift as much or more than a 1 series. But to the op this isnt jd approved in anyway he does it at his own risk.
I forget whx595 whats your psi at on that beast?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yeah - my x595 will out lift the 1025r; 2025r, the 3025E or any of the compact Kubota BX series machines. My son has pulled diesel engines out of pickups with it. At full throttle, max pressure is just north of 3000 psi. Now - it only hits that pressure when system is dead-headed. under normal operation, 1/2 throttle , lifting your typical loader type stuff, (dirt, rocks, firewood - lots of firewood!) the pressure is much lower. I've run the machine this way for over 12 yrs. I don't run it any higher than what I need to do the job. Have not had any leakage issues with hoses or cylinder either. the increase in pressure also improves the operation of the backhoe, the BH relief is set at around 2500 psi I think.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thats more than i thought you did wow. Did you replace the spring or just add alot of shims in the relief valve.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yeah - my x595 will out lift the 1025r; 2025r, the 3025E or any of the compact Kubota BX series machines. My son has pulled diesel engines out of pickups with it. At full throttle, max pressure is just north of 3000 psi. Now - it only hits that pressure when system is dead-headed. under normal operation, 1/2 throttle , lifting your typical loader type stuff, (dirt, rocks, firewood - lots of firewood!) the pressure is much lower. I've run the machine this way for over 12 yrs. I don't run it any higher than what I need to do the job. Have not had any leakage issues with hoses or cylinder either. the increase in pressure also improves the operation of the backhoe, the BH relief is set at around 2500 psi I think.
How did you fit those big tires on the back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hi - retained the OEM spring, just added washers. Pump is happy! The tires on the rear are 31.5" x 15.5" x 15". The rims are skid steer 15" x 13" wide. Made wheel adapters to bolt to the std. 8 lug skid steer rims. I used a set of 2" wide skid steer wheel spacers for the hub to bolt the 15" rims to. Made a steel ring out of 1/4" plate to bolt to the spacer and to the 5-lug axle hub. Had to radius the fenders to clear the tires, Front rims are 8" x 12" garden tractor rims w/23 x 8 x 12" R-4's mounted. The larger tires work great, more ground clearance, they hold more liquid ballast, traction is much improved. Works really well plowing snow too. Only issue - I don't think the rear rollers on the mower deck will clear them. I don't mow with it anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,306 Posts
This might be worth a road trip for someone wanting a 45 loader, deck looks rough but loader might make it a worthwhile ride.

Located in Falconer, NY

·
Registered
55 Posts
I reached out to them to see if it is still available. I don't even care if I have to buy the entire tractor and do some repairs to the tractor to flip it. As long as the 45 loader is in decent condition is the main thing. It is however either so new that it is not on their website yet or already sold and they just didn't take the Facebook post down.

·
Premium Member
6,306 Posts
I reached out to them to see if it is still available. I don't even care if I have to buy the entire tractor and do some repairs to the tractor to flip it. As long as the 45 loader is in decent condition is the main thing. It is however either so new that it is not on their website yet or already sold and they just didn't take the Facebook post down.
It was only listed 3 days ago, it might still be there, call them up on the phone this morning then waiting for a reply on facebook.
I thought it would be a good pickup for someone in that area, I have a Buford Bucket, we are thinking of moving soon from NJ to Virginia. I'm pretty sure my BB will be going up for sale soon since the property and house we are looking at in Virginia reall has no need for the Bucket.

Good luck, I hope you get the 45

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

·
Registered
55 Posts
It would be a hike to go get it but it would be a great deal if I could rehab the x485 a bit and sell it off. I at least have a friend up near there so I could make a road trip out of it and have a safe place to stay on the way.

·
Super Moderator
15,891 Posts
It would be a hike to go get it but it would be a great deal if I could rehab the x485 a bit and sell it off. I at least have a friend up near there so I could make a road trip out of it and have a safe place to stay on the way.
This Might be the year to find a 45 Loader as I see More Hitting the Market Lately (y)

·
Registered
55 Posts
There definitely seem to be more on the market from how often I have read on here that they normally show up. I honestly prefer the design of the CTC without the vertical bars of the 45 but the rest of the 45 is better after that. I have a lead on another one as well that from pictures honestly looks like it was never used. Still waiting to hear back on that one since email was the only contact method left.

·
JD X585 owner
531 Posts
This might be worth a road trip for someone wanting a 45 loader, deck looks rough but loader might make it a worthwhile ride.

Located in Falconer, NY

Tractor looks like it was stored outside. Does not look horrible. More like it needs a bit of refreshing. Loader looks decent. Deck is ugly. Has 6 suitcase weights which is a plus. All in all not a bad package in my opinion especially if it runs well and the hours aren't off the charts.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,891 Posts
There definitely seem to be more on the market from how often I have read on here that they normally show up. I honestly prefer the design of the CTC without the vertical bars of the 45 but the rest of the 45 is better after that. I have a lead on another one as well that from pictures honestly looks like it was never used. Still waiting to hear back on that one since email was the only contact method left.
You can easily cut that off it you want The 45 actually goes on easier then the CTC But the good thing is if You tip side ways You'll probably live with a 45 over a CTC. My brother walked away with a bruised side so that is why I'll never cut the uprights off (y)

·
Registered
55 Posts
You can easily cut that off it you want The 45 actually goes on easier then the CTC But the good thing is if You tip side ways You'll probably live with a 45 over a CTC. My brother walked away with a bruised side so that is why I'll never cut the uprights off (y)
Yeah as much as I dislike it I know why it is there and would leave it as well. An attachment that is easy to quickly change gets way more use than one that is not.

·
Premium Member
6,306 Posts
Have you called the dealer in NY?

·
Registered
583 Posts
LandPro is all over NY, PA, and OH. I could tell them I wanted it and have it sent right to my local one but I don't know where any of y'all are from

·
Premium Member
6,306 Posts
If I wasn't in the process of moving, it would probably already have been sitting in my yard. Even if I had to freshen it up and fix a few things on it and flip it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have spoken to them. They still have it. I told them I am interested in it but would like to see more pictures of the loader condition specifically being as I would be coming from NC to pickup it up. Since you mention they have dealers all the way into PA maybe I could have it moved a bit south to save my trip length. I have family in central PA and friends near Pittsburgh I could stay with if I made a trip. They said they would try to get me additional pictures by days end up they also didn't seem super interested dealing with someone coming from far away.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have spoken to them. They still have it. I told them I am interested in it but would like to see more pictures of the loader condition specifically being as I would be coming from NC to pickup it up. Since you mention they have dealers all the way into PA maybe I could have it moved a bit south to save my trip length. I have family in central PA and friends near Pittsburgh I could stay with if I made a trip. They said they would try to get me additional pictures by days end up they also didn't seem super interested dealing with someone coming from far away.
I can imagine. I can't speak for them but to have to hold something until someone can travel there to see it is not ideal, to my way of thinking.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts