My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the current options for the X585? I know CTC and Model 45. What are you guys running and impressions?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh, I see now. What is the purpose of the hydrostatic relief valve? Says it comes with the 45 loader as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was wondering the same thing. I saw it mentioned in the notes from JD.

·
Super Moderator
15,891 Posts
See Post 9 of this thread 2010 x720 I think I Listed almost all of the loader or Bucket Options (y)

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
I have the 45 loader and love it. I was going to order the CTC after looking for 3 years then seen one at a dealer on a 485 and they were willing to sell it seperate. They are out there just keep looking. 2 were on local CL not to long ago.
As for the relief valve it protects the hydro pump. When you load the bucket going into a pile and the wheels don't break traction the relief valve keeps the pressure from building up and damaging the pump.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyone ever use that tractor shovel attachment for the 54" blade?
Yes - i purchased one today actually! It looks quite handy however it will take a few minutes to get on and off if you want to use the blade as a conventional blade with the ability to angle it. I was impressed with how heavy it was built. It dumps similar to a 4 in 1 bucket and i was able to pickup a few items around the yard like a grapple which was awesome. Time will tell if this is handier than a shirt pocket after i get some real time on it!

·
Registered
472 Posts
A good way to see the full loaders and mini loaders is youtube. Search for x585 loaders and you should see a bunch of makes and models. You can kind of get a idea of what these can do and there limitations. There darn handy for any size yard.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is the 45 loader built better? I notice it has two hydraulic actuators per movement compared to a single lift and single dump on the other models. I wouldn’t be doing anything major with the machine but I’d rather it not fall apart.

·
Super Moderator
15,891 Posts
The 45 is Built very well . CTC is usually fine. But sometimes the quality control is terrible the common Problem with CTC is fitment issues On the Loaders Made for the 425 thru X758 But really they end Up being the Only choice Because finding a 45 Loader Can Be a PIA as people tend to hold on to them but they are out there occasionally. But if you don't want to wait a year or two to find a 45 loader then CTC is your right now purchase for a conventional Loader Both will handle excavating and Load a Pick Up truck

The Johnny Bucket Sr has 3 Hydraulic cylinders 2 for Dump and 1 for lift. The Johnny Bucket Sr are great for excavating even more so than the conventional loaders The only down side is you can't pile your spoils very high and You can't Load a dump cart without using ramps.

The Buford Bucket is not a bad designed medium loader Designed by a MTF member very well built Can load a Dump Cart or Load a Pick Up from the Rear Only downside is it's a Bolt On and not a Pin loader so You need Tools to remove the sub frame if your going to use a quick hitch. You Can do some excavating with it

Little Buck's Little Bull loader The Hose Management and the refinement(some Brackets should be welded On Both sides) are not there. But the customer service is great. Not really a excavating bucket either More for transport of loose material

The Superior Tech Tractor shovel is for really moving loose Material from point A to B. You can scrape material with the bucket up. But it's Not good for excavating

Single Dump cylinder is even common on tractor mounted loaders such as Kubota loader for there Sub Compact and more common on Construction loaders from many manufacturers. So not something to worry about that much (y)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sergeant is spot on with the info on them loaders and abt single cylinder bucket curls. The 45 loader imo is well built ive dug stumps out and lifted things i prob shouldnt and its never had a problem. Really depends on what your uses will be and how soon you need one used ones pop up but not offten.
What would be your uses be?maybe you can narrow one down that way.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
I have owned the tractor shovel and it is not very useful compared to a bucket of any kind. It will do a few things but none of them well. If you are even considering a bucket forget the shovel. It is a clever idea but its use is very limited and it is a Rube Goldberg design with a chain and sprocket down in the dirt just behind the bucket. I bought one on CL for $250 and even at that, I was not happy with it. If I had paid the full price, over $1000 I would have died.

·
Super Moderator
15,891 Posts
I have owned the tractor shovel and it is not very useful compared to a bucket of any kind. It will do a few things but none of them well. If you are even considering a bucket forget the shovel. It is a clever idea but its use is very limited and it is a Rube Goldberg design with a chain and sprocket down in the dirt just behind the bucket. I bought one on CL for $250 and even at that, I was not happy with it. If I had paid the full price, over $1000 I would have died.
That is only the 40inch Tractor shovel design! Not the Hydraulic 54inch bucket design (no chain & sprocket on the 54inch design)

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Ok, I thought they were the same. Thanks Sarge. This thing is much stouter than the 40-inch. It cost a lot more too. Here is a video of it being installed on a 700 series. It looks like you have to own the 54-inch blade and the four-way hydraulic bracket. It probably isn't that much if you already own those items.

·
Super Moderator
15,891 Posts
Ok, I thought they were the same. Thanks Sarge. This thing is much stouter than the 40-inch. It cost a lot more too. Here is a video of it being installed on a 700 series. It looks like you have to own the 54-inch blade and the four-way hydraulic bracket. It probably isn't that much if you already own those items.
Yeah the first Superior Tractor shovel was actually Made for the 54inch Blades for the Old 300 thru 332 & the 420/430 Tractors. Some how they convince Deere to Have the shovel Become a OEM attachment for the X700 Ultimate series I remember when you could Buy the shovels Direct from Superior They we a Bit cheaper then. I have though about getting a shovel for the 54inch Blade On My 140H3 which I would Just use for Mulch (y)

·
JD X585 owner
531 Posts
What are the current options for the X585? I know CTC and Model 45. What are you guys running and impressions?
I have the 45 Loader and love it. I stumbled on mine about six months after getting my X585. I just happened to be poking around on Craigslist and there it was - the killer was that the post was month old! Thought sure it was gone, but nope, still there. Two hour drive to get it, but worth it. My tractor already had the relief valve as the previous owner also had a 45 Loader that he kept and put on his X749 that he had bought. Interestingly, just a few weeks after nabbing my loader, a couple guys on here living closer to where I picked it up in CT were also looking for one. One of them ended up finding one in PA not long after.

·
Super Moderator
15,891 Posts
Parts Needed for X585 Loader good to get even if Using a slip Bucket or Half Loader

BW15044 TRANSAXLE HYDROSTATIC RELIEF VALVE 4WD or AWD or AM122228 TRANSAXLE HYDROSTATIC RELIEF VALVE 4WD or AWD Keep In Mind BW15044 is actually cheaper In Price if You can get it But it's actually the same Valve as AM122228
M146148 free-wheeling valve control lever is also required. 2WD or 4WD & AWD
If You don't already Have it AM134625 Lock out Valve or get a aftermarket 4X5 and X-Series Quarter Turn Lockout Valve-QTLO or Heavy Duty Lockout Valve For Loader Lift Applications 425 - (y)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts