My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading here on all the different models of John Deere tractor's and the available "on adds" for each.
I was wondering are there load recommendations specs or warning listed somewhere for each model?

I added approx. 500lbs of weight to my X720 this fall, plus a 47" snowblower
and never read anywhere if this is normal to add so much, but it's works great.

·
Registered
340 Posts
From what I can decipher from your owner’s manual you are still within JDs load limits:

From JD’s website for X700 Series:

Ballasting Machine
Using Front Weights
IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! Do not exceed maximum front ballast of nine Quick-Tatch weights and two wheel weights.

Two types of front weights are available for your machine, Quick-Tatch weights and wheel weights. Quick-Tatch weights can be mounted on the front bumper, and wheel weights are mounted on the front wheels.
Up to four Quick-Tatch weights can be mounted on the front bumper. Another five weights can be added if you install the optional front weight bracket. Each Quick-Tatch weight is 19kg (42 lb).
One wheel weight can be installed on each front wheel. Each front wheel weight is 14kg (30 lb).
See your John Deere dealer for front weights and kits to best fit your needs.
Using Rear Weights
IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! Do not exceed maximum rear ballast of 385kg (850 lb). Rear ballast includes Quick-Tatch weights, rear wheel weights, weight box, and adding liquid weight to tires.

Two types of rear weights are available for your machine, Quick-Tatch weights and wheel weights. The Quick-Tatch weights can be mounted on an optional rear weight bracket, and wheel weights are mounted on the rear wheels.
Up to six Quick-Tatch weights can be mounted on the rear weight bracket. Each Quick-Tatch weight is 19kg (42 lb). Use of these weights is required when an attachment, such as a snowthrower or snowblower is used.
Up to three wheel weights can be installed on each rear wheel. Rear wheel weights are available in 23kg (50 lb) and 33kg (72 lb).
See your John Deere dealer for rear weights and kits to best fit your needs.

Link: http://manuals.deere.com/cceomview/OMM158680_K8/Output/Index.html?tM=HO

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I can decipher from your owner’s manual you are still within JDs load limits:

From JD’s website for X700 Series:

Ballasting Machine
Using Front Weights
IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! Do not exceed maximum front ballast of nine Quick-Tatch weights and two wheel weights.

Two types of front weights are available for your machine, Quick-Tatch weights and wheel weights. Quick-Tatch weights can be mounted on the front bumper, and wheel weights are mounted on the front wheels.
Up to four Quick-Tatch weights can be mounted on the front bumper. Another five weights can be added if you install the optional front weight bracket. Each Quick-Tatch weight is 19kg (42 lb).
One wheel weight can be installed on each front wheel. Each front wheel weight is 14kg (30 lb).
See your John Deere dealer for front weights and kits to best fit your needs.
Using Rear Weights
IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! Do not exceed maximum rear ballast of 385kg (850 lb). Rear ballast includes Quick-Tatch weights, rear wheel weights, weight box, and adding liquid weight to tires.

Two types of rear weights are available for your machine, Quick-Tatch weights and wheel weights. The Quick-Tatch weights can be mounted on an optional rear weight bracket, and wheel weights are mounted on the rear wheels.
Up to six Quick-Tatch weights can be mounted on the rear weight bracket. Each Quick-Tatch weight is 19kg (42 lb). Use of these weights is required when an attachment, such as a snowthrower or snowblower is used.
Up to three wheel weights can be installed on each rear wheel. Rear wheel weights are available in 23kg (50 lb) and 33kg (72 lb).
See your John Deere dealer for rear weights and kits to best fit your needs.

Link: http://manuals.deere.com/cceomview/OMM158680_K8/Output/Index.html?tM=HO
Interesting reading and Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts