My Tractor Forum banner

Load Handler

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ptmmatssc 
#1 ·
Wife bought me a Load Handler for fathers day a few years back after seeing me check them out . Because of the need to move a lot of dirt/soil/gravel I needed something that would keep me from shoveling everything in and out of my truck .

The cost for a dump body was beyond what I could spend and I only have a 1/2 ton 4x4 . This was the only solution that seemed to fit the bill

The unit I got is suppose to be good for 2000 lbs . Took about 15 minutes initially to set up on my truck and takes less than a minute to take off when need be . Only takes a couple of minutes to put it on when I need it .

So far I have moved about 30 yards of material . Also use it to offload scrap metal , wood , and assist in unloading building materials . Can normally crank it out with just one hand , unless I have closer to a ton in the back .

For the $100 price tag , to me that's way below the savings in time etc . Have not had a single issue with this unit and the material seems to be holding up even after all the abuse I've given it .

This is the unit on the truck . I usually just leave it on in case I need it .

Here's a pic of it set up getting ready to unload block I just bought .

And a few cranks later I have easy access to the block without climbing in the truck .

And of course had to get a little video of it in action . was by myself so cranked with one hand and shot with the other , lol .

All in all I would give this a top rating in all categories . Easy to set up . Easy to use. Reliable and well built . And cost for what you get is outstanding .

http://www.loadhandler.com/

See less See more
#3 ·
My BIL gave me one for Xmas a couple of years ago. He had one in his truck and really liked it. My problem with mine was that I have a sprayed-in bedliner (similar to RhinoLiner) that is highly non-skid, and the Load handler didn't work too well for me. It's great on a painted bed or a drop in liner though.

#7 ·
I think a sheet of ordinary plastic like a trash bag is made from or even a cheap blue tarp would work equally well ,if you put it under the load handler..
I always thought they were a clever way to unload a truck bed..like a giant window shade roller!..too bad you cant use it in reverse to load it too!.

I know a guy with a home built flat bed,who used two garage door openers with acme screw threads, and some garage door rollers and tracks on the sides of his bed,as a "pusher" to unload his bed--he rigged them to a 2x12" plank at the front end of the bed to do the pushing,and used a starter motor to power the screw drives..it would push gravel and dirt,scrap metal,etc right out at the push of a button..worked slick!..made it from junk parts he scrounged at the scrapyard!..
I never could figure out how he got the starter to run backwards for "reverse",until recently,when I found a site online that tells how to re-wire the brushes..

#8 ·
awesome review, I've been eyeballing these for a while myself. can't justify the cost of a dump trailer or insert. for small jobs like 80% of what I get a truck load of dirt or rock or mulch is all I need, but shoveling it out the truck gets old in a hurry. the cost of the slick mat that goes under is a bit high, maybe a tarp would do just as well.

#9 ·
The only problem with using a tarp for "slip" is that it WILL drag forward and get wound up with the unit . Not a pretty sight . And yes , that's from experience. :duh:

Now if you can anchor the tarp at the front of the bed it should work fine .

Having said that , I have used this unit on a buddies truck that has the rhino liner . Still worked fine . We had about 1200 lbs of gravel to unload and it still cranked it out .

For those that decide to get one , here's another tip . If you are going to get manure , put a tarp ON TOP of the units sheet and up the bed sidewalls . Prevents the units material from retaining the stink and ensures there are no leftovers in the bed . And yes , I got manure without the tarp and my truck and loadhandler stunk for 2 weeks . I learned the hard way .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.