My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cutting grass yesterday and stopped to talk to my neighbor for a few minuets. When I cranked my tractor back up, when I gave it more gas, it went dead. It will crank up easy but as soon as you give it more gas, it goes dead. What can be my problem? Is it something I can fix or do I need to take it to a dealer? Thanking you in advance. AltonB

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Solved my own problem, reading another blog, another person had same thing happen to him. He went to JD dealer mechanic told him to loosen gas cap. I tried this and solved problem cap has air hole, cleaned out with paper clip ever thing seems fine. AB

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
:fing32: Alton.... glad you got it fixed ..

I have seen and heard about the clogged vent cap problem many times over the years. And many times its a hard problem to trouble shoot .. If you never had it happen or read about it happening before.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Welcome Alton, good to have you aboard with us and and yes, :thanku:, for sharing what happened and the answer, I just saw this thread and would have suggested the same thing, went through that same problem last year. That little vent hole in the gas cap can cause alot of frustration if you don't keep a check on it and cleaned out :fing32:.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts