My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Little sqeek control..They don't have any grease zerks so everything drys out and u get this annoying sqeek ...lubed it all up with chain lube no more sqeek...next thing on the list it to get the truck oil sprayed considering its age she's still in amazing condition under there..Did the whole truck front to back

Reactions: bontai Joe

·
Super Moderator
8,323 Posts
My Tacoma does the same thing. 2017 model sounds like an 1800s covered wagon. I live down 1.5 miles of dirt road so don't want to oil it cuz it'd be a dirt cake in one trip. Sadly I just have to tolerate the squeaking chassis.

My 1994 Ford Ranger did not squeak after 20 years of this dirt road. Apparently toyota has limited understanding of the brand new concept of leaf springs and rubber chassis bushings.

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Tacoma does the same thing. 2017 model sounds like an 1800s covered wagon. I live down 1.5 miles of dirt road so don't want to oil it cuz it'd be a dirt cake in one trip. Sadly I just have to tolerate the squeaking chassis.

My 1994 Ford Ranger did not squeak after 20 years of this dirt road. Apparently toyota has limited understanding of the brand new concept of leaf springs and rubber chassis bushings.

if they would put zerks iinit wouldn't be so bad :confused:..I do allot of hwy driving I am about 25 min from the shop ..But my service area is massive drives me nuts when I can hear that darn sqeek over my tunes lol

·
Super Moderator
8,323 Posts
if they would put zerks iinit wouldn't be so bad :confused:..I do allot of hwy driving I am about 25 min from the shop ..But my service area is massive drives me nuts when I can hear that darn sqeek over my tunes lol
Mine's embarrassing when I'm in the parking lot at work. Groans just getting in it, pulling out of a parking spot, turning to where the truck barely leans, or hitting the brakes. People's heads will whip around from it. :D

·
Super Moderator
37,141 Posts
Mine's embarrassing when I'm in the parking lot at work. Groans just getting in it, pulling out of a parking spot, turning to where the truck barely leans, or hitting the brakes. People's heads will whip around from it. :D
Sounds like me getting outta bed in the morning! :)

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ikr roll up the window and try not to look at anyone

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This stuff I use has graffite in it it lasts up to 4 months then it needs to be done again..That's why I am thinking 🤔 of doing the oil spray every year the truck has no body rust as of yet

·
Super Moderator
8,323 Posts
This stuff I use has graffite in it it lasts up to 4 months then it needs to be done again..That's why I am thinking 🤔 of doing the oil spray every year the truck has no body rust as of yet
Most of the Tacoma guys say that they don't have a squeak problem after fluid filming the chassis.

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Most of the Tacoma guys say that they don't have a squeak problem after fluid filming the chassis.
I was just looking it up crown undercoating is about 200 for my truck

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
If you guys would quite fixing all those engine and transmission leaks the under carriage would lube its self. Just got to make sure the transmission fluid doesn't remove what it isn't supposed to. Those poly bushing are supposed to squeak.

·
Super Moderator
8,323 Posts
If you guys would quite fixing all those engine and transmission leaks the under carriage would lube its self. Just got to make sure the transmission fluid doesn't remove what it isn't supposed to. Those poly bushing are supposed to squeak.
I said I drive a Toyota, not a Ford thus--no leaks. :D

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol but some of my clients get real upset If leak in the driveway..

·
Registered
347 Posts
A couple years ago, well 30 or so I was doing a job down a dirt road that was littered with potholes side to side and end to end.
Once a day this old guy made a trip into town and back home in his 63 Impala.
Went by at just an idle, could not even hear the engine running.

But the chassis squeaks, you could hear him coming down the road two miles away.

I had to laugh every time he went by.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,958 Posts
I had a Plymouth Neon that squeaked and squawked, and if I could hear it over the radio, I just turned up the volume. Your radio just needs to be played louder.

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had a Plymouth Neon that squeaked and squawked, and if I could hear it over the radio, I just turned up the volume. Your radio just needs to be played louder.
Lol I crank it I like it loud. But I know it's there so I had to fix it

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A couple years ago, well 30 or so I was doing a job down a dirt road that was littered with potholes side to side and end to end.
Once a day this old guy made a trip into town and back home in his 63 Impala.
Went by at just an idle, could not even hear the engine running.

But the chassis squeaks, you could hear him coming down the road two miles away.

I had to laugh every time he went by.
It drives me nuts lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts