My Tractor Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
???... no email advisories coming thru today.... found these posts by accident.

Good lookin' rubber Lance but you're gonna have to park beside a milk crate to get and off those 27's.

Just keep watchin' Kijiji Mike, there should be lots showing up with spring here now.

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I picked up two more pairs of atv lugs yesterday...Carlisle 27x10 and 25x8... $120 for all four. Im gonna try the 27s on the MTD960... it will be tall but it should have a nice soft ride.
Lance, in your atv tire searches, have you come across any 12" tires of smaller diameter than the original 23"?

I'd like to find some 22x12" or even 20x12" as getting on and off in the winter ain't gonna get any easier as the years go by.:hide:

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
oops... actually I read the size wrong.... they are 270/60Rx12... same as a 25x11x12... and they didnt fit the MTD960... but with some 9" wide wheels they did fit on my Columbia nicely and the 25x8s look like they will fit on the MTD.

I havent seen any smaller atv tires Larry... mind you Ive never looked for any... I always want the extra ground clearance for driving thru the snow.

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
oops... actually I read the size wrong.... they are 270/60Rx12... same as a 25x11x12... and they didnt fit the MTD960... but with some 9" wide wheels they did fit on my Columbia nicely and the 25x8s look like they will fit on the MTD.

I havent seen any smaller atv tires Larry... mind you Ive never looked for any... I always want the extra ground clearance for driving thru the snow.
:sidelaugh.... I did it for the ground clearance too, but little did i realize it would interfere with my "personal clearance" getting on and off. :tango_face_devil:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I'm just joining. I obtained a Ford RMT 60 riding mower with a 7hp Briggs and Stratton. I looking for an air filter housing. There was a sock on the carb when I picked it up.
Ron

·
Premium Member
10,445 Posts
Hi I'm just joining. I obtained a Ford RMT 60 riding mower with a 7hp Briggs and Stratton. I looking for an air filter housing. There was a sock on the carb when I picked it up.
Ron
Hi Ron, your best bet may be to post a wanted add in the "Shopping Mall" forum, or check your local Craigslist, ebay or small engine shop as they probably have plenty of old engines around to get the required parts to bring the old RMT back to life :)

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Ron, your best bet may be to post a wanted add in the "Shopping Mall" forum, or check your local Craigslist, ebay or small engine shop as they probably have plenty of old engines around to get the required parts to bring the old RMT back to life :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Mikman48. I will check out a local small engine dealer (junkyard) after our covid lockdown is over.
I also removed the mower deck and associated hardware, if anyone is looking for parts.

Ralex

·
Premium Member
10,445 Posts
Thanks Mikman48. I will check out a local small engine dealer (junkyard) after our covid lockdown is over.
I also removed the mower deck and associated hardware, if anyone is looking for parts.

Ralex
Sounds good Ron. I may know someone looking for parts, where are you located?

81 - 92 of 92 Posts