Many I fix them all
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lunch was pretty good yesterday

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
Looks nice.

I have never used gas for outdoor cooking. I like the taste that hardwood charcoal or pellets imparts to the food. Perhaps a good 90% of the meats I make at home for dinners are prepared outside on either the charcoal barrel smoker or the newer pellet grill.

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Speaking of gas, that jerry can in the first pic is a little too close for comfort.
It's empty ...it the emergency gas can for people u see stranded on the side of the road I don't store gas in the back of my truck ...But I don't mind lending the can to people that run out of gas the highway we are on has a 25 mile stretch with no gas station and people run out all the time ....to be honest I forgot it was even there

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks nice.

I have never used gas for outdoor cooking. I like the taste that hardwood charcoal or pellets imparts to the food. Perhaps a good 90% of the meats I make at home for dinners are prepared outside on either the charcoal barrel smoker or the newer pellet grill.

View attachment 2507681
I want to try wood I hear it's pretty good and gives a real nice flavor

·
Super Moderator
10,533 Posts
It's empty ...it the emergency gas can for people u see stranded on the side of the road I don't store gas in the back of my truck ...But I don't mind lending the can to people that run out of gas the highway we are on has a 25 mile stretch with no gas station and people run out all the time ....to be honest I forgot it was even there
SEJ....if it has contained gas in the past...it most likely still contains fumes and or vapor...could be a hazard

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SEJ....if it has contained gas in the past...it most likely still contains fumes and or vapor...could be a hazard
Yes u are right...I forgot it was there usually it's up under the job box or in it....I will remove that photo and place a different one up as I know it's a safety concern...

Reactions: MARK (LI)

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
There are any number of ways to get that wood taste on a gas grill. most often people use a chip box made of metal (cast iron, steel, etc.) and fill it with pellets or wood chips and light that with a torch to smolder while cooking. While it can be problematic keeping it going, it does work for short cooking times.

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are any number of ways to get that wood taste on a gas grill. most often people use a chip box made of metal (cast iron, steel, etc.) and fill it with pellets or wood chips and light that with a torch to smolder while cooking. While it can be problematic keeping it going, it does work for short cooking times.
I am going to try it out Thanks for info ...

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just ordered the 6 ft hose adapter so I can use a 20 pound tank instead of the mini ones
.This BBQ has its own regulator ...I am pretty happy with it so far it was about 146 shipped to my door .she gets hot fast need to get used to it ..

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
Yep, grillin' is good!

Next up is a smoker for you. Get one of those pellet smokers as they are simple to use and give great results.

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, grillin' is good!

Next up is a smoker for you. Get one of those pellet smokers as they are simple to use and give great results.
I was just looking at one lol 😆think that's my next purchase

·
Make Smoke, Boil Water!
1,820 Posts
I've had Weber barbecues for years, and when I want to do 'small job' smoking, I use my "Smokenator 1000"; here's a link. Sounds like something from Home Improvement with Tim Allen, but it really does a nice job. I've done hams and chickens, even smoked steaks with it.

It's just a sheet of heavy stainless that allows you to keep the fire to one side of the grill, and then have your meat in the main part of the grill. Best part about it is that it uses all the Weber parts, so it's really easy to insert and remove. Looks like this:

Water goes in the standard-size hotel pan and your fire goes down the two holes on either side. Add wood chunks as desired. They even supply you with a nice little stainless poker to help move your fire around and keep it active. Once set up, you only open the lid once an hour or so to add fuel, wood chunks, and water.

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've had Weber barbecues for years, and when I want to do 'small job' smoking, I use my "Smokenator 1000"; here's a link. Sounds like something from Home Improvement with Tim Allen, but it really does a nice job. I've done hams and chickens, even smoked steaks with it.

It's just a sheet of heavy stainless that allows you to keep the fire to one side of the grill, and then have your meat in the main part of the grill. Best part about it is that it uses all the Weber parts, so it's really easy to insert and remove. Looks like this:

Water goes in the standard-size hotel pan and your fire goes down the two holes on either side. Add wood chunks as desired. They even supply you with a nice little stainless poker to help move your fire around and keep it active. Once set up, you only open the lid once an hour or so to add fuel, wood chunks, and water.
Thanks and that looks cool ....the smokenator i like the name 😆

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
Chuckling, I kinda somehow knew we would be getting to the smokin' side of things.

There is a device, called the Smoke Pistol, that can add the smoke flavor to any grill or even a box for cold smoking. Cold smoking is generally for cheese or fish. The Smoke Pistol standard runs about $55 USD and uses pellets. Pellets are available in many hard woods and flavors. To attach the device, you drill a ½ inch hole and insert the end then use a ring nut. Many different sellers including Amazon, but LEM also has smoke cartridges.

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chuckling, I kinda somehow knew we would be getting to the smokin' side of things.

There is a device, called the Smoke Pistol, that can add the smoke flavor to any grill or even a box for cold smoking. Cold smoking is generally for cheese or fish. The Smoke Pistol standard runs about $55 USD and uses pellets. Pellets are available in many hard woods and flavors. To attach the device, you drill a ½ inch hole and insert the end then use a ring nut. Many different sellers including Amazon, but LEM also has smoke cartridges.

Now that I can eat again...yeah ....
..I am going to try smoking a few things and see how I like it ....Smoking smoking ..How do I keep 🤔 the people next door away 😆

1 - 16 of 16 Posts