My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I use Rimgard in tubeless tires. Non corrosive and very friendly other places. Then I also put in Hydro seal. We got a lot of thorn apple trees around here.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Filled tires are great until it is service time. My son has an equipment repair business and just changed out 4 dense foam filled tires on a skid steer, they had to be sawed off the rims. Full time tire service guys always grumble about the filled tires. As mentioned in previous posts there are all kinds of fillers, disposal of the filler material is always a problem. Most of the time the 2nd or 3rd owner really dosen't know what the filler is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
ive got an old wheel horse with old turf tires(23/12/8.5) filled with antifreeze and rubber chains that work great but one of them is totoaly rusted out and bolth of the tires are cracked. i do have the orginal manual and it says that you can fill it with antifreze or sand witch sounds like an enviormentlly sond idea.

·
Vendor
497 Posts
Miller Tire has discontinued using Rim Guard (beet juice). While it is non-corrosive, it has its disadvantages.

• harder to pump in cold conditions
• Solids tend to settle over time and can’t be pumped out of the storage tank
• Cannot mix Rim Guard with other liquid ballast or it may foam
• All hoses and couplers must be air tight or foaming will result
• If you use too much air pressure during installation, it will foam.
• If it foams, you need to wait for foam to settle before finishing filling tire.
• It smells.

Miller Tire now uses “windshield washer/antifreeze fluid” even though at 8.3 lb/gal it is lighter than chloride & Rim Guard at 10.7 lb/gal

When filling tires, only fill to the top of rim. You need to leave an air cushion in the tire. You can put washer fluid in tubeless tires without tubes.

Miller Tire sells the air/water adapter tool for filling tires.

www.millertire.com

·
Registered
32 Posts
antifreeze works just fine in my vehicles without rusting up the blocks and wrecking the rubber hoses...I see no reason why not to use it in tires

Ive spilled it many times on my lawn and it doesnt do damage...and as far as animals go I really dont care because the only way they'll get any of the antifreeze ingested would be by chewing a hole in my tires

·
Banned
517 Posts
i like the slime idea, but sadly its so expensive, maybe if i evere win 500 bucks on a scratch off ticket ill get 4 gallons of slime and go hog wild with it lol

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,091 Posts
i like the slime idea, but sadly its so expensive, maybe if i evere win 500 bucks on a scratch off ticket ill get 4 gallons of slime and go hog wild with it lol
IMO slime is a temporary fix for leaky tires... Doesn't seem to last and i personally would not use it to fill tires. Costs too much, and makes a mess!!!!

·
Banned
517 Posts
how does slime make a mess? i mean unless the tube came off the fill up valve and you kept squirting i guess, and i think its a permanent fix, or close to, my front tires were so dry rotted on my h-14 they lost air instantly without the snowblower on, when i filled them with slime, and i mean filled em good, i had no leaks, i could use my deck or snowblower, and 4 months later, still no issues, granted im going to buy ribbed tires for the front of my tractor soon and AG's for the back ill have a small mess with the front tires, but that why ill lay a plastic garbage bag down, so i dont turn my lawn neon green.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,091 Posts
i mean it makes a mess when you take the tire off... and if the hole is too big, flourescent green schmeg seeps out the hole all the time...

I just bought an air water thinger from TSC last night to fill my tires. I can't wait!!!!

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,091 Posts
i got the slime water air filler thingy, looks just like the monkey one, and 12 gallons of wws! will put 6 gallons of wws in each rear tire then top off each with water. should be good to about-10f and only get a little slushy below that. doesn"t get that cold here too often anyway

21 - 31 of 31 Posts