My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
MTF Member Since Day 1
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good source for a 6" linear actuator? I see johnnyproducts sells the bear for $200, looking for something alittle less in cost or maybe just a better source for the bear.

Thanks

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
Toppdogg we had a member on the old site went by the name Topdj he had some he was selling cheap. But i don't have his email and he hasn't found his way here yet. I hope he does or if anyone know him please let him know where we are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Best deal i found was just going directly through Bear.Alot on ebay but most aren't strong enough.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Anyone ever try using the Lenco actuators they use for their trim tabs (for boats)?
Lenco Trim Tab

Was thinking of putting this on my JBJr for the dump. I originally got the manual dump, but would really like an actuator, especially for back dragging.
John Scheele is a great guy, but as his only Canadian customer that I am aware of, and the troubles and costs we had of getting goods across the border, I think we are both shy about the problems with doing international business.
(BTW, still a very happy JB customer).

Bill

·
Registered
658 Posts
I bought two of them from Topdj on the old site for $200. I don't recall if they are 4 or 6" actuators but they are pretty strong - 750 pounds as I recall. I hate to direct anyone to the old site TF.com but you could go there and PM him to see if he has anymore.

Andy

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thanks fellas. I was actually speaking to him a ways back. We were talking about hooking up on the St Lawrence somewhere to play with our boats, and avoid customs. :)
Ran out of money first though. :(
Will have to roll my pennys since Christmas with 3 kids made a pretty big dent in the old wallet.

For giggles though, any ever try the Lencos or similar?
Bill

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
SnowMower said:
Does he still have those great crew members for his boat? ;)
Bill
You bet ya the best looking sea mates on the water ROF

·
Registered
460 Posts
Go direct to the source. Bear Linear will sell to you just give them a call. All you need is a credit card.

Bear Linear

·
Collector of many tractors
15,274 Posts
Want them cheap ???

Go to your junk-yard and look for the ones off old TV dishes...
They are 24 volt but they work just fine on 12 volts...
Just a little slow...

·
Registered
168 Posts
You can contact stude26 on Ebay
I bought a 4" actuator for $45 and he did have 6" for the same price.
With 780# thrust and 100mm travel this unit can do a big lifting job, yet it doesn't take up much space. The Dim's. are 4" wide, 4-3/4" High and 11" long when retracted. Extended length= approx. 14". This came right off his auction. He does have Auctions going on right but not for this actuator so you'll have to contact him and ask. Can't Hurt!
Here's his email as I'm sure he won't mind!
[email protected] waupacaonline.net

Attachments

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
How do you like it Mike?

EDIT* Just looked at his 1 auction. Great price on a 15" actuator but 1 minute 52 seconds to reach its limits either way @ 12V DC! :1221: That is entirely tooo slow for me. But thanks for the heads up. :fing02:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just ordered it last week Splicer so I haven't received them yet. but I used PayPals gaurantee and he said email him and don't go thru ebay that way he can sell them direct without having to bid!

Edit: the one's above aren't on any of his auctions,but he does have them for sale!
heres a link to the company that makes them,click on LA30 pic.
http://www.linak.com/Products/?id3=1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mike - A few weeks ago I bought one of those Linak 4" actuators on Ebay and mounted it on my garden tractor's sleeve hitch. The actuator worked fine at first, it lifted real slow but I didn't mind that. After about a week of lifting my moldboard plow and cultivator, the lift would fall to the ground when I raised it. I assume that the small gears inside the actuator just stripped out and would not work anymore. I found that this actuator was just not suitable for heavy use. It's not be very heavy duty , it broke after only one week. Watch the weight load on that one...the gears WILL strip. --- Dale.

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
:Welcome1: txsketch :trink39:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks txsketch
Just found your reply,Guess I'll use them for something else and buy the BEAR actuator for my sleeve Hitch. :banghead3 I do think I was warned,Sorry I didn't listen Deereman :duh: but I'm sure I can do something with them.Maybe Hook them both up to the Hitch? Would this work? or use them for the pitch Maybe? If not I'll put one on my recliner and sit back and enjoy my 64" big screen! ROF

·
Shop Teacher & Proud Dad
243 Posts
I just purchased 2 from this guy off of ebay and he included the switches and wiring diagram. techmmi04 is the ebay user. The ones I orders are 1000# lifting and 2500 static, he assured me they would work for pushing snow and dirt and are outdoor rated. I paid $150 each including shipping and switches. These are new acutators. He claims he has all sizes and demands. I ordered the 8 inch though just, but 12 inch were the same price also.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Tooldad is there a way of contacting this guy?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts