My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a foot control for my tig as you know [burned up one pump not on] it has the two plugs going into the front of welder --one has four wires other just two hooked up. The plug with two control the on/off of pump and gas other plug control amps. In the manual it says to use paper clip to just jump the plug with two wires to purge the gas/water lines and I did and get all that.

My thinking is can I fix the foot control so it stays all way down [Just once a while] and run two wires up to tig torch with button so I can turn on/off that way ONLY at times if in a position I cant use foot?? I just dont want to burn up or cause a problem with machine?---------------Manual says DONT run the welder when it is on Remote control without having the plugs plugged in for the tig.---------------------I think I,ll be ok but want to be sure.

I know the amps will be set in one position but like I said only in case I need to do it that way?

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a foot control for my tig as you know [burned up one pump not on] it has the two plugs going into the front of welder --one has four wires other just two hooked up. The plug with two control the on/off of pump and gas other plug control amps. In the manual it says to use paper clip to just jump the plug with two wires to purge the gas/water lines and I did and get all that.

My thinking is can I fix the foot control so it stays all way down [Just once a while] and run two wires up to tig torch with button so I can turn on/off that way ONLY at times if in a position I cant use foot?? I just dont want to burn up or cause a problem with machine?---------------Manual says DONT run the welder when it is on Remote control without having the plugs plugged in for the tig.---------------------I think I,ll be ok but want to be sure.

I know the amps will be set in one position but like I said only in case I need to do it that way?
Well I went ahead and ran two wires up to tig and plug them in welder where the one plug goes and just tape the foot pedal down and I can weld fine---Works great when under a aluminum trailer trying to weld---Only thing just cant control amps but not that big of a deal for once a while,,,,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts