My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any info about Lincoln tractors to share?
I picked one up today from the original owners son who thought they bought it around 1955. The only attachment left is a front blade. It still has the Wisconsin engine on it but it has no spark. Hope to get it mobile in the near future

·
Registered
260 Posts
Would love to see some pictures. Adam

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No problem I will get some pics today

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are some pictures. As you can see it resembles a Gibson tractor.
The tractor came in a crate around 1955 and came with a lot of attachments which have been given away over the years. The only attachment remaining is the front blade which has been well used.
The transmission has been replaced, the steering wheel was broke off it when his brother rolled the tractor down a bank, and the rear wheels have been modified to what you see here now.
The only thing I have found so far about Lincoln is they operated from 1947 to 1954.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
15,000 +posts!
20,538 Posts
Never saw one of these before!..what type of tranny does it use,and rear end??--looks like it has a Panzer style rear end,but cant tell from the photos..

Those old Wisconsins run forever..bet all yours needs to get spark is to clean the points--be careful,those magnetos will ZAP you good,if the impulse coupling snaps and your fingers are too close to the plug wire...I never realized how OLD those Wisconsins were,most of the ones I had were made before I was born!..

·
Super Moderator
32,640 Posts
Looks like and old truck transmission in that thing! That is what I call a "bare essential" machine!

·
Registered
297 Posts
its also called a knepper it was made by lincon manufacturing out of pennsylvania they made house hold things and bed framses mainly and i think im not sure if it was true but this fella is a well respected man in our area i talked to this fella this week end that had one he said there was only 26 made do some more research and let me know what you find that is the info i have for you

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
check the condencer in that mag.might be the reason no spark.looks like that blade moved part of the rocky mountains around.my word how many different tractors did they make.seems like a new one pops up every week or so.

·
Registered
297 Posts
i think they made 3 different models nut only for like 4 years

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the tranny is out of something else, it is a 3-speed plus reverse. i think it most likely came out of a small car as it is pretty small for a truck. The steering wheel came of something like a MG or Morris, he wasn't sure exactly. the rear end is suppossed to use a worm gear, I am not sure if any trucks used that style? or if it is made especially for this tractor. I have found a picture of an Osco tractor which is the sister to this Lincoln, it looks identical except my wheels have been modified.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
Cool!! Keep us posted!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I picked one up today from the original owners son who thought they bought it around 1955. The only attachment left is a front blade. It still has the Wisconsin engine on it

Then Lobster box said...

Ah, It's an oldie. Is that a Wisconsin engine?

You must have used the same readin book in school I did! PLay boy!:thThumbsU:sidelaugh:bananapow:bananapow

I have never seen anything like that here in the hills of Virginia...any body else???

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have 2 words to describe that tractor... Neat O, or is that one word, either way thats a cool tractor.

·
Slowly turning green...
1,248 Posts
I picked one up today from the original owners son who thought they bought it around 1955. The only attachment left is a front blade. It still has the Wisconsin engine on it

Then Lobster box said...

Ah, It's an oldie. Is that a Wisconsin engine?

You must have used the same readin book in school I did! PLay boy!:thThumbsU:sidelaugh:bananapow:bananapow
My apologies. I try my best to be coherent when commenting and asking for advice. This was one of my slip-ups. As for magazines, I occasionally read Wired, Consumer Reports and Popular Science. I have yet to pick up a Playboy. :fing32:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here are some pics to update. I have stripped it down and cleaned up everything the best I can and started putting some of it back together again. I think next I will work at painting the wheels. As you can see the tractor is grey and I think the wheels are going to be red, only because i have red, originally everything was orange but i don't care for the look of the one I seen painted orange in a picture

1 - 20 of 29 Posts