My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an electric start speedex 1631 that does appear to at least try to charge the battery. My question is this....what would be the best for that old tractor? The original lights were round but they don't have to be. What kind of cost are we talking about here? And amp draw for 2?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Hey there,

Sorry for the delay. I didn't realize we had a post here. :)

In the next few weeks we will be posting some new LED products that will help out our custumoers like yourself who need more lighting but need to stay within strict amp limitations.

Some highlights of the new lights we'll be offering:

* They'll be available in wide beam patterns
* Low amp draw (.47-1.2) depending on model and wattage used
* Lightweight and mountable nearly anywhere.

I'll keep this thread updated with photos and pricing as those details are developed. We're currently working on the heatsink design to ensure better heat dissipation.

If you have questions, please post up or send an email to [email protected].

Thanks!

Clifford

·
Small Engine Tech
1,481 Posts
I am also very interested to see what your company comes up with, most older garden tractors have a limit to what they can run amp wise. Add in electric pto clutches on some models and that cuts it down even further. I know the old sealed beam lamps on the front of my JD 110sf draw a good 8-10 amps together when on, add in 2 tail lights with a single bulb in each and there isnt much left over. I also run a rear flood lamp for winter time work in the dark and for night plowing sessions at plowing events. A good looking replacement for the old par36 sealed beams and a rear flood all in LED would be an excellent seller. The front lamps need to look more like a standard tractor sealed beam flood to keep the astetics and look, but with a nice LED package behind the lense. Keep us up to date on your progress and what price point your hoping to keep them at. Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts