My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had some time recently to figure out how to add some additional lighting to my X360.
Out here in the deep woods of Minnesota, my country lane leading out of the property is DARK at night.
I found a mag mount light with a plug on the end of the ten foot wire. I installed the JD plug in the knock out hole in the dash so I would have power.
I cut to length and painted a scrap 1x4 board and bolted it down through the top of the board through the weather enclosure material and existing holes in the tube frame of the enclosure.
Using the appropriate washers and other hardware I tightened her up and I will say, it works just fine.
My total investment was about $35 for the light and John Deere plug assembly.
With the stock headlights and the light up top, I can now see where I am going at night.
Now all I need is some snow for the ultimate test....It will be here before we know it.
Picture Link

·
Tractor nut, general nut
461 Posts
Nice modification!
How does the soft side cab work as compared to a glass enclosed version as far as warmth in the winter? I'm sure it's gotta be better than nothing.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The enclosure works pretty well. I was not aware of the after market cab available when I ordered the soft side. For an extra $400 I could have had the cab, had I known.
The enclosure does a good job keeping the wind and snow off me, so I am totally fine with it.

·
Super Moderator
33,631 Posts
Nice mounting of the light! I wondered how you were going to do it since you avatar showed the soft side cab.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Yes, good job considering it is a soft sided cab. :fing32: I have the same cab but am in the process of selling it because I just purchased an OTC cab from the Green dealer in the US. Then I will have no problem installing my flashing light on top.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
nice job!

here is a diagram for a light-bar from a while back for a soft top cab.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Great installation and with it on top that ought to give you better vision on the sides also. slkpk

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the nice comments. It was a nice little project only taking about a half hour total. That even included the time it took for the paint to dry.

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,431 Posts
Looks good. Enjoy being able to see!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know if this is healthy thinking, but I am pretty anxious for some snow to try out the new light, drift cutters and extra weight on the hind end of Mr. Deere.
I may regret the thought....not.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I don't know if this is healthy thinking, but I am pretty anxious for some snow to try out the new light, drift cutters and extra weight on the hind end of Mr. Deere.
I may regret the thought....not.
Or more likely you have scared the big snow away from you for the year.

Good luck and here is hoping the big snow takes it as a challenge.:trink39::thThumbsU

·
It's not easy being green
348 Posts
Nice mod! Let there be light.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts