My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would the lift capacity be on my 1612? I noticed it wouldn't lift the grader with a 230lb friend sitting on it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 1614 1970, with the side mount hydro. pump.(with the front right hand {left to right swing bar})
I noticed that the fly wheel housing has a slot in the top for the top mounted pump! I noticed the first time I plowed snow it had limited power as well.
I am hoping to buy the three groove pulley so I can get a higher pressure pump to get a bit more power and float mode. I realize I am limited to the rpms, hoses(which I can get higher pressure ones made.) and the hydro. cylinders capacity.
I am curious as well to the actual psi pressure mine is rated to put out?
Matt

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is a mid to late 70s 12hp with the top mount pump. I could get more out of mine by using a real belt. My multi-belt slips when pushed too hard. I made a set of 3500lb lines to replace the cracked originals (I work on heavy equipment for a living). I was just wondering what the capacity should be.

P.S. A float option would be cool.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just went to the garage to look and my pulley on the engine side is a double. Maybe I'll fab up a double on the pump.

·
Registered
27 Posts
is there room in the top side of the flywheel case for a double on yours?
I tried the double belt on mine(used a 2 groove congress pulley I found on ebay for $4.35 +4.00 shipping. It didnt help me!
I am thinking you have a better pump then I do!
Matt

·
Still plays with tractors
2,284 Posts
Cajun,

Your lift capacity should be around 400 pounds. I know there's an adjustment on there somewhere for the safety release but I've never done it so I don't know.

Teddy, you may have to older Century Fox unit if it's hanging out the side. I don't know off the top of my head how much it should lift but it should be somewhere around the same amount. I'm leaving here shortly but when I return I'll do some research and see what I can find. That's a good unit and, if it's working ok, I wouldn't make the switch.

You really don't have to go with multiple belts on these tractors to get lift capacity. Sure, it would help but you have to remember that it's still a garden tractor. My front end loader is rated to lift 600 pounds. I think I have to adjust my safety valve because I really doubt it will lift that much. PK recommends a 400 pound counter weight for the FEL so the three point should be able to lift that much. Link belt is garbage for lifting heavy things. If all you are doing is mowing, then the link belt is for you. Otherwise, do yourself a favor and get two good belts to put on the hydraulic pump. One to use, the other to tie up out of the way for when the first one finally breaks. My FEL may not be able to lifty the rated load but it's no fault of the belt. It's simply the safety valve that needs adjusted. These tractors were built very simple. Let's not over think them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was under the impression that 1614's have a float option, actually i'm positive of it. push the lever all the way in towards under the seat.
mp

Mine is a mid to late 70s 12hp with the top mount pump. I could get more out of mine by using a real belt. My multi-belt slips when pushed too hard. I made a set of 3500lb lines to replace the cracked originals (I work on heavy equipment for a living). I was just wondering what the capacity should be.

P.S. A float option would be cool.

·
2,284 Posts
You're right, they do. I should say, most of them do. Believe it or not, some left the factory without the float option. I'm not altogether sure as to whether it was one certain lind of valve they used or if some without floats just found their way into production. Take the lever and pull it all the way toward the seat. It should "click" into place and stay if you have float.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a bad habit of trying to over engineer simple solutions. :D I'll try your idea first.
do yourself a favor and get two good belts to put on the hydraulic pump. One to use, the other to tie up out of the way for when the first one finally breaks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ya I got a old century pump.
I drifts down??? and seems to struggle picking up the front snow blade(doer blade), but it does!
I am assuming that it is just old and needs a rebuild?
Besides getting it rebuilt, is there any thing I can do immediately?

·
2,284 Posts
I have had no experience with that pump as of yet. I do, however, know of a gentleman in Michigan who can help you. His name is Stan and his email is [email protected] You read it right, Power King without the "i". Tell him I sent you and what kind of problems you are having. He's a super guy and will help you in any way he can. Sounds to me like the valve may need a rebuild or the belt is slipping or the pulley on the pump may need replaced. Been there, done that!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts