My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1041 - 1060 of 1071 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,041 ·
Expecially with a BBQ planed for this weekend! Have to flush it manually by filling the tank with water jugs till it's replaced.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,841 Posts
A few months ago, the only toilet in my house decided to leak onto the floor. Seems the tank cracked at one of the fittings underneath. We hated the toilet anyway because it was a first generation "water saver" toilet that needed to be flushed multiple times to clean out the bowl and it constantly got plugged up. All the fixtures in the bathroom are 1990's "sand" color, so I scoured all the home center websites to find a new toilet in the proper color. Meanwhile, we had to flush the toilet by filling a bucket in the bathtub and pouring into the bowl. Got a new one at Lowe's and hired a local pro plumber to install. This new toilet actually WORKS! And I am glad that I had a pro install it. I think you will be glad also that you got a pro to put yours in. It looks easy on "This Old House", but in a small bathroom, it is a difficult job.

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,043 ·
Not too bad of a job, but I can't figure out why it is still leaking down after taking it apart a second time and examining all the new parts.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,841 Posts
It's leaking thru a crack or groove or something not fitting exactly right. And it is frustrating to track it down. Replacing parts isn't too bad, I've done that. but replacing the whole toilet is a much harder job, at least for me. They are heavy and awkward to lift and move and they have no great "handles" or holding places.

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,045 ·
Mine has a separate tank, Remove it 1st after vacuuming the water out of the tank, then use the tank hole to lift the bowl up. They will do this.

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,046 ·
Cleaned up the pergola area and the grill for this Sunday BBQ. Also used the pressure washer on the Cub parts (they will need a lot more cleaning). Did some re arranging to make room for the tow behind mower so I can go over it in the Shop A/C.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,049 ·
Was a Great get together. I really enjoyed the company. Thanks Matt and Brandon for coming!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,051 ·
Matt, You know what is getting used alot tonight.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,053 ·
Still space challenged, but I want to work on the Murray string trimmer tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,054 ·
Dealing with bees in the water meter box again. I removed the lid (with a loooong pole) and tripped over my self getting away as a large cloud appeared. Hope they move on now,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,055 ·
Bee update, they are still here. They are not aggressive so I'll let them take their time to find a new home. I did taste the cone, and it is solid wax, no honey.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,056 ·
I had set up the Go-pro and was filming in delay mode for about 3 hours. I went down to check and they were still there, The battery was flashing red, so I took the camera to the shop and swapped batteries. Decided to download the camera, couldn't have been 10-15 minuets and when I returned they were gone. (Bummer)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,058 ·
I saw some scouts flying around. Not sure where they went, but was disappointed I didn't get the swarm on video.

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,060 ·
I am going to JB Weld the hole in the little access door shut. It was only used to read the meter, the meter is now electronic and read from the road. The lid will still be removable.

1041 - 1060 of 1071 Posts