My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1021 - 1040 of 1071 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,023 ·
Seller $300 said it's complete with all the manuals. About a 300 mi round trip.

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,025 ·
I can drive 500 Miles in any direction and still be in Texas :). Trip today was non-event except for loosing a hub cap. TS was on the way back, and $25.00 later I had a two pack. :mad:. Was not happy that I had to beat the crap out of it to get it on.

Attachments

·
Minding my P's & Q's
2,167 Posts
That does look like a nice machine. Hope it is all an easy fix to make it run and work right.

Reactions: bontai Joe

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,027 ·
Planning on a frame up restore. The road got progressively worse as I got there. I think at times both trailer wheels bounced off the ground at the same time. Once I had it loaded, at 40mph it felt like sitting on an off-balanced washing machine. Made it home finally, Had to rearrange storage buildings so I could get the Cadet into the Shop. Just quick checks. Tomorrow I'll get the pressure washer out and clean all three machines up. The Cadet will get a good dose of PB Blast after it dries. Here are some pictures and a quick video.

Attachments

·
Citizen of Earth
15,841 Posts
Nice looking Cub Cadet! Using my 40 plus years of training as a draftsman, my calibrated eye says that deck is 48" wide (at least that is what it says on the original receipt)

Reactions: larrybl

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,030 ·
Lost power (Storms) trying out connecting the $25 generator to the shop.

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,031 ·
Just got back from a salvage operation. My daughter's friend is being evicted and he has to get rid of stuff, and was just giving things away just to be hauled off.

Headed over with the trailer, had to shoo the deer out of the yard. Started with a small shed out back, Here is the first load. I felt guilty and gave him $50 for a full truck and trailer load. The stuff I had was in the bed of the truck, and the 5hp tiller on the trailer. Daughter snagged a complete lawn furniture set and some other items.

Attachments

·
Citizen of Earth
15,841 Posts
Interesting collection of movies! Similar to my tastes. Do you have still have a VCR like I do?

·
16,871 Posts
Doing good there--Larry! That tiller (gray Craftsman) is exactly like one I acquired years ago from my FIL. Sadly, he ran it w/out oil and locked up the engine. Thought maybe I'd do something w/ it--so I drug it home. Nope--sat in the shop corner for a long time--I needed to make room-I power washed it, laid her out on C/L---a gentleman picked it up the next afternoon for $275--as was. Think he had another one with a bad tranny--win/win for both people....That was about 6-8 years ago--so prices now might be better. :p
Just for your info there-

glenn

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,034 ·
I have a VCR, DVD, DVD Recorder, 5.1 Sound in the Shop. The tiller had the spark plug removed and was seized. I just got back from delivering it to a friend for $20. Even though I am retired, I just don't have the time to mess with it.

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,035 ·
Mowing day today, and the cactus are in bloom. Something didn't seem right with RED but the cut was looking great, except kinda short. I made a note to check the deck height next service and kept going. My wife commented that the yard looked like a park. Well I found the issue when cleaning RED up. The Mower deck front bracket lost a pin, and the front of the deck was riding on the ground the whole time. A new pin has been installed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,037 ·
This yard has recovered from record heat for 5 months straight 2011, Record cold this year 2021, Gravel and cement trucks, and even when a burn pit is moved after 5-6 years of use. Not worried.

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,039 ·
Carb has been ordered, Did I mention I hate plumbing problems. I noticed that the 1/2 bath commode would cycle fill every so often. I have replaced the flapper valve several times. The fill valve would stick closed so the tank wouldn't fill, jiggling the valve would open it and fill the tank. I took the tank off and found a cracked flapper valve fitting. Went and purchased all new fittings, valves and hardware. I replaced everything on the tank, it still leaked down. I used (water safe) silicone grease on the flapper valve gasket and still leaks down. Now that the fill valve doesn't stick closed. the commode cycle fills every three minuets. It has me stumped. Emailed Clayton Homes, they will replaced the commode.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
36,502 Posts
Carb has been ordered, Did I mention I hate plumbing problems. I noticed that the 1/2 bath commode would cycle fill every so often. I have replaced the flapper valve several times. The fill valve would stick closed so the tank wouldn't fill, jiggling the valve would open it and fill the tank. I took the tank off and found a cracked flapper valve fitting. Went and purchased all new fittings, valves and hardware. I replaced everything on the tank, it still leaked down. I used (water safe) silicone grease on the flapper valve gasket and still leaks down. Now that the fill valve doesn't stick closed. the commode cycle fills every three minuets. It has me stumped. Emailed Clayton Homes, they will replaced the commode.
You can't have that not working properly! :)

1021 - 1040 of 1071 Posts