My Tractor Forum banner

881 - 900 of 999 Posts

·
16,777 Posts
While waiting in the new rear struts and bushings co come in (to fix the rattle in the back end), I looked at the front suspension. Previously I replaced the lower “A” arm and small stabilizer links. Also new brake lines. I think I found my drifting issue; the front stabilizer bushings are out of their holders. I’ll order new front bushings when I order the rear brake lines and wheel cylinders.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Larry--I know you know this and most likely have already donne it--whilest you are drinking coffee and planning the repairs--dose every joint and connection down with a good penetrating oil.....WD40 does not work good for this--
Following along--be safe with those front end repairs...Always use supports--if in doubt--get help--two sets of eyes/hands better than one.

glenn

Reactions: larrybl

·
Premium Member
9,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #882 ·
PB Blast will be used. Debating wether to replace the Front struts. If I do, I may as well replace the clutch while in there.

·
Premium Member
9,870 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,870 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,870 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #889 ·
They build and test them here, then send them to the Cape and Boca Chia TX to launch.

·
Premium Member
9,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #890 ·
We live between the Space X Rocket engine facility and Ft. Hood, the largest military installation. Hard to capture the Tank Range sounds, but they rattle windows also.

·
Premium Member
9,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #891 ·
The Rumbles and Booms are in stereo today. My shop light is flickering like a strobe.

·
Premium Member
9,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #892 ·
Kept FedEx busy today. Struts came in, and my Retirement Parting gift from the City. Still need to order more parts before I can put the struts on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #897 ·
The shop light flickers because I sprayed it with wasp spray a couple years ago chasing a large red wasp. I haven't taken it down for a proper cleaning yet. Almost did when I couldn't get it to come on even after swapping bulbs with the light next to it. It finally came on after some jiggling. One day I'll take it down and dissemble and clean it properly.

4,679 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #899 ·
These are the two channels I am watching.

SpaceX

Boca chica live stream

·
Premium Member
9,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #900 ·
Just went out and priced a couple storage buildings. The Metal one 20' X 20' (Like an enclosed car port) would need a 20' X 20' pad. I like this one but pricey.
The wood 12' X 24' Wouldn't need a pad but close to 8k.

I'll check with a couple contractors on the cost for a pad.

Attachments

881 - 900 of 999 Posts