My Tractor Forum banner

841 - 860 of 894 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #841
I don't watch the news so I don't know about that. We have been on our own through this.

·
Premium Member
9,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #843
Yes, but the cut off valve wasn't leaking then. Carb, pull starter, Airfilter housing, filters, Generator brushes all were free.

·
Premium Member
9,752 Posts

·
Parts collector
3,869 Posts
I think that Predator goes for about $799 @ HF.

glenn
Yep, I bought a 9K 3 months ago. Paid $750 with the wheel kit after a coupon.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #847
I am seriously thinking of a larger generator with a transfer switch to connect it to the house.

·
Premium Member
9,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #849
Finally getting back to somewhat normal here, one more night at freezing. I watched a few videos of the issues in Dallas and Austin. Power and Water were the big issues. Our power would go off for 2-1/2 hours and on for 20 – 30 minuets for three days. Not sure what we would have done if it went out for 100 hours like others. Those outages I think were from downed power lines, Big shout out to McLennan County Co-Op for minimizing those issues in our area. Water was the next big issue. Before the freeze we went out and stocked up on bottle water, so the 2-day water outage didn’t affect us. Freezing seemed a BIG issue in the videos, and not knowing how to turn the water main off seemed common. 3 years ago, I winterized our water lines and now know I am good down to “0” f. Just waiting on the Electric and water bills to arrive. Hope NOT to have sticker shock.

Attachments

·
Parts collector
3,869 Posts
If the news is correct the elec bill will be a years salary. :eek:

·
Premium Member
9,752 Posts

·
16,676 Posts
Looks like you put down a heavy vapor barrier under the house--that is a big saver from moisture/cold right there....Best to plan ahead and do some PM ahead of time....Crawling around in the dark trying to shut off water or something is crazy--especially as get older--ask your back and knee's....

glenn

·
Premium Member
9,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #853
House installers put the barrier down during the house set-up. We were living in the 18 X 24 shop just behind the house, so they knew they needed to do things rite.

·
Premium Member
9,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #854
Next up is to determine if it's worth sinking money into. Sever rattles and drifting, I think most of the bushings are bad. looks like I have to remove the back seat to get to the top of the struts, I know those bushings are bad. So far the parts list is three 21mm studs, and nuts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #856
I don't feel safe on the highway as bad as it drifts. Need to find out why. I bought this March 23, 2010 for $2,550.00 and 146600 miles. It's a stick, and the clutch has over 160000 on it. Not sure it would last a day with him.

·
Premium Member
9,752 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #859
Almost 80 f here, broke out the pressure washer to clean the porches off, and the Camry suspension.

Attachments

4,235 Posts
Larry, where do you buy parts for the craftsman pro 2000 tractor. The sears website is not working. I get on Jacks small engine, they don't have my model.

edit: I got all the tune up parts on the SearsPartsDirect site for a tune up. I was on the Sears.com site instead of the searspartsdirect.com site.

841 - 860 of 894 Posts