My Tractor Forum banner

801 - 820 of 893 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #801
Caution when tearing a camera with a built in flash apart. See that doo-hicky circled? It is a 400 volt capacitor. Packs a pretty good wallop!

·
Super Moderator
34,468 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #803
Shop heat set up is doing good. Below freezing 30's out side and I found that running the propane heater on the low (1 burner) setting and placing the fan forced 1500W heater on top really helps circulate the heat. The propane 5 gallon tank lasts 5-6 days like this. Keeps the shop comfortable at 72*. Will see what happens later this week when we get into the 20's.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #804
Don't know what the temp is, but the rain is in the form of little frozen balls pinging off the roof. Propane stove in on two burners and the coffee is getting cold.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #806
I just watched the weather tonight. They are predicting 2 - 4" of snow, and the Temps around 3F. Definitely making a propane run tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
34,468 Posts
Better wrap the pipes there Larry, that's some cold temps for down your way.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #808
I wrapped the pipes and insulated the outside water filter when we installed it, The house installers didn't insulate the water pipe run under the house, so before they installed the underpinning I went to town and bought 25' of slip on insulation. The installers said they never insulate the pipes in this area. I expect there are some frozen pipes out there, but not mine!

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #812
Nope, I thought about firing up the burn pit, but it's still a little windy.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #813
Decided to give the old Girl a once over in case She is really needed the next couple days. Added oil to the auger and lowered the shoes 1/2" to hopefully stay out of the dirt. Gave the engine a look also. I'll pull the rear blade off Hulk II tomorrow and have it ready to install on BOH which in in the warm shop. Hulk II is in the cold shed and has a weak battery.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #816
Ok, I went out and found the chains and a dolly to put the mower deck on. Couple questions on installing the chains as the last time I messed with chains was 40 years ago in Korea putting them on a Duse and a 1/2.
1. Is there a front or back, I mean as pictured can they be flipped over and still be installed?
2. I assume the comments I put on the picture is correct.
3. Let the air out of the tire before putting the chain on?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
34,468 Posts
Yes get the insides set up good before hooking and tighening the outsides. Then air tires back up, best if done with rear raised off the ground.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #818
Yep, Planning to jack the rear up to help with deck removal, It's easy any how. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #819
Kids are back to their homes and don't plan on work travel for the next couple days. I did Shop work today.

801 - 820 of 893 Posts