My Tractor Forum banner

721 - 740 of 773 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #721
Bigger storage area will be project 3 or 4, really need the material cost to come down. For now I'll work with what I have. The Man Cave hasn't been re-arranged for over 5 - 6 years, so the game plan is to start at the left most corner and work my way around. Checking out the GoPro 8 Black camera, you may see different settings in future videos, here I am in 4K super wide view.

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #722
Making progress, I am impressed how much stuff one work bench holds. Hulk II's deck in under this one. Made enough room here so now I can complete the RED project. Long way to go yet.

Attachments

3,814 Posts
I notice that three sided desk occupies a lot of space. I have one that's in the corner of a room and its 10 foot one way and 8 foot the other way. Its "L" shape with a similar shelf above one side.

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #724
It does, Not sure replaceing it would help as I need places for the puter, printer, and all the junk.

·
Administrator
17,389 Posts
It does, Not sure replaceing it would help as I need places for the puter, printer, and all the junk.
Computer and printer don't take up much room. And as far as "all the junk," isn't that why you're doing the cleanup?o_O And after that's all gone, look how much room you'll have!:devilish:
MikeC

PS: If that works, let me know how you did it cause I'm trying to do the same thing in both my shops and the shed.:oops:

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #726
Went to town today and stopped at HF, Picked up a $10 wall mount for the TV. Defiantly freed up more bench space. I think I am done with this side of the shop. Camera set to Standard / Liner.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #727
Tried to fix RED's flat, I think new tires are needed, these came off the Craftsman Pro. I gave up and worked on the next bench, Found BOH's 44" deck hiding under there. It was a challenge jockeying things around so I could move the bench into a L shape. I like this placement as it allows access from both sides. I had to double check that I could move RED through the gap. Going to Home Depot tomorrow to get a bench power strip and look at what they have for power tool storage that would mount to the back wall where the bench was.

Attachments

3,814 Posts
I know you like to hang your tools on the walls but I would put them in a roller tool box and line the walls with shelves. You'll find out how much more room you'll have.

Look at this thread "show us your shop tool boxes". Maybe get some ideas.

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #729
I looked at the HF tool boxes, I like floor space and being able to see the tools I need without searching through drawers. I can tell at a glance that I am missing a good set of wire strippers that my Son used. I will be building another storage shed to move the tractors into so I can make this more shop orientated. Thanks for the helpful comment.

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #730
Spare parts for RED. I had a spare engine (422437 1209 01) sitting around, I did try and get it running a couple years ago but the starter was bad. I decided to tear it down and see if anything was worth keeping. Everything looks great except for the block and one head. Now to store the parts.
If anyone needs something from this PM me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #732
Not yet, Need to move the tractors outside to access the next bench. Decided to work on some small projects in the mean time. I made some power tool storage from an old plastic crate, and added a power strip to the work bench. The B&S teardown was to get that engine out of the way. Helped my Son some on his shop also.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #733
Been on the phone and .mil web sites all day trying to get an appointment to get her ID renewed. Finally talked to a person that walked me through the process.

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #734
Was a nice day so I decided to clear another work bench. Turned out RED didn't want to Cooperate with the plan.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #736
Nice shop 👍
Thanks! Built it my self except for the slab. Planning on another to put the "Working" stuff in so I can make this more of a work shop, and less a storage area.

Here is the build.

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #738
This should take awhile. I did not know I had so many new and good used parts. I plan to picture inventory every box and store all the parts in one location.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #739
I guess when I start searching for a new project it needs to be a Craftsman with a Briggs engine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #740
I had a lot of picture frames that came from my old office, most held my certificates. I left the certs in the frames and added pictures. I like how this side of the shop is turning out. Computer desk will be last. Need to wait on warmer weather next week to move the tractors out and work on the center of the shop.

Attachments

721 - 740 of 773 Posts