My Tractor Forum banner

581 - 600 of 638 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #581
Morning chores, 1-1/2 hour of weed whacking. Flushed the hot water tank, and changed the house A/C filter. Making a Wal-mart run this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #585
Nah, Did burgers on the grill tonight. Plan to pressure wash it tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
9,515 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #590
That post makes me feel good with mine. I don't think I put over $1000 into it including the deck repair.

·
Premium Member
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #591
So, for the last 3 - 4 months I have been working from home mostly 3 days a week. There are just some things that require my presence in the office. I have been saving a ton on gas as the commute is close to 60 miles round trip, and the office is on the other side of Waco. I was able to find a smaller idler pulley for RED but haven't tested it yet. The Sewing machine project has turned into making the cabinet into a computer desk for my Daughter.
With all the staying at home, the old Camry just may make it till retirement which using vacation days that I cannot cash in will start early this December.
The Camry has no rubber bushings left in the suspension so it drifts, especially if there is a cross wind. When slowing down from highway speed it feels just like an airplane does, lots of vibration.
Well that is my latest update for now, have a good Friday!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #593
Yea 2 door, kinda rare. 309K and it doesn't burn oil, AC blows cold but stuck on de-frost, Could use a new clutch, and as I said all the suspension bushing are gone. I can move the rear wheels back and forth with my foot, and when taking off from a stand still I can feel and see the front suspension shift. One door handle is broken (passenger side inside). The hood is dented need to use a bungee to release the latch, and the radio just started acting up. Not sure what I want to do with it in retirement. May use it to teach my 15yo Grandson how to drive a stick, then sell it.

·
16,473 Posts
Larry--I can read that you are pretty handy w/ stuff--You could do a lot of little fix-it's on that suspension to make it tight...They sell kits and individual parts of all kinds now. Plastic door handles are cheap, also. Might get more money if you do try to sell it...

glenn

·
Premium Member
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #597
That is a thought that I have had, but without a garage that it would fit in and a lift I think I would not like the work out in 100 degree heat.

Tid-bit, If you look at the Tractors in the banner at the top of the page, guess which one is mine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #598
Sewing machine cabinet to computer desk conversion is coming along. Sorted out the folding top with some springs to provide additional support when opened. Plan to get some ¾ wood to fill the hole where the machine went and add some gravity to the right side to prevent tipping. Still need to finish the drawers, but will wait till I have the ¾ installed to do a final light sanding and shellac it all.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #599
Some final touch-ups and the sewing cabinet to computer desk conversion will be done.

Attachments

581 - 600 of 638 Posts