My Tractor Forum banner

561 - 580 of 586 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #561
Call me crazy, but I enjoy BBQing. Even in 110-degree heat as witnessed by the meat thermometer (sitting un-used in the shade). BBQ Chicken legs and Cumber and tomato salad.
Back in the A/C now with a full belly. Yum!

Attachments

2,749 Posts
We eat that all the time. Tomatoes and cucumbers with oil and vinegar dressing. Larry, I just checked your Covid19 statistics in Coryell County and there's 398 people infected and 2 deaths out of 484 residents. Is that true?

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #563
I am not really following the News or Stats on this, I honestly don't be leave much that is being reported any more. According to this there have been 16 deaths sense last March. I expect more have died on the highway in this period of time, never will know.

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #564
After seeing the analog thermometer in the post above, I decided to check to see if that was accurate so I broke out the Thermapen, It is certified and I can even check my temperature with it. House analog shows 104 in the shade, Thermapen shows 105 in the shade. Shop is at 80. I think this is spot on.

Attachments

·
Registered
706 Posts
we got a big thunderstorm this morning cooled things off. Tomorrow we will be roasting again with high humidity. Not as hot as your place but still hot with the humidity

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #568
Wish we had rain, 4:30 - 6:00 is the hottest part of the day. Running out of numbers on the thermometer. Humidity is 67%

Attachments

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Yeah when the weather is hot and humid like we're all seeing it's a dread having to go out to do anything, much less any yard work. The bad thing is if you go out too early before the dew has evaporated it's doubly bad on mowers, blades & decks and it doesn't do the grass any good either.
It was almost this bad yesterday when I trimmed the front yard only at mid morning and mowed most of our place mid to late afternoon but I didn't finish due to the conditions. That's for another day.

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #570
I weed whacked some Saturday, started at 7:00am and gave up at 8:00. Was sweating in the shower!

2,749 Posts
Its been in the 90's here. Humidity is high. It doesn't bother me to work in the yard in the heat. I just drink more water. The other day it was 95 and I worked in the yard for 8 hours. What bothers me is the mosquitoes and gnats. I wear long sleeve shirts and pants.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
50 - 30 years ago the heat and humidity was tolerable; now at over 66 with congestive heart failure and on a boat load of meds & blood thinners it only takes a brief outing in the intense heat and humidity for me to holler "calf rope":(

2,749 Posts
I'm 66 too. I take meds. I take breaks in the shade often. Some days its hard to breathe. I think its the air pollution. While I'm working outside my wife lays in the sun and watches me. The other day I worked eight hours she help me move the recycle cans and help cut stuff up when she saw I was getting tired. She enjoys it as much as I do. Her father had a farm.

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #574
Started mowing this morning at 7:30 with Granger . It wasn't running smooth and had some surging, well a lot of surging. I pulled the filter and tweeked the carb and it helped some but was still running rough. If I gave it a little choke it would smooth out. Finished mowing and waiting on the shade so I can clean it up and try some spray sea foam on it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #575
I have been chasing leaking windows on the new house. They have came out twice to re-seal the windows. When we have blowing rain the window leaks. I called them a third time and they planed on replacing all the windows. I didn't think that would fix it, so I used the water hose to find the leak. It seems the trim is sealed on top, but not the bottom. I sent them these pictures to see what they say.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #576
Son brought this home and decided to see if it works, from his description (I didn't get to see it) but when he plugged it in it belched smoke and fire. I think I know why.

Attachments

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have one and it works great. Mine has a cigarette lighter plug on it instead of a 2 prong 120v plug

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #578
This one doesn't work so good now. Shame, it was a free be so no loss. "People who specify mains connectors for low voltage devices should be summarily fired and never be allowed to design electrical items again! "

·
Registered
589 Posts
Maybe it just smoked the diodes. Before throwing it away I'd check it farther, see if it could be fixed.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
561 - 580 of 586 Posts