My Tractor Forum banner

541 - 560 of 586 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #541
Can't help with that. I am overly skeptical downloading anything. On another note I just watched #32 in this series.
Great technical content, crafting, an impossible build and humor.

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #542
Need to go to bed early. I just checked and I have a tower site down. The link to it was just replaced for 71k so I an tossing this back to the contractor Nokia. I won't have any Tech's available as they will be busy with another Contractor Tomorrow installing a Tornado siren and pole.
Hurry up December!

2,749 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #544
Yep, watching it. It has happened before and I had to clear the vents on the pulse pumps. I have a link some where about this.

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #545
Doing ribs on the grill today. low and slow, so I need a wind block to keep the grill from blowing out.

Attachments

2,749 Posts
Its amazing how many uses there are with those HF blue tarps. I have one covering my fire pit, one covering some straw, one covering some lumber, and had one covering the AC unit in the winter months. Sometimes I use them to rake leaves and twigs on them. I use them when I dig a hole and place the dirt on them instead of the grass. I even used them to cover the patio furniture with cushions because I was to lazy to take the cushions off the furniture and take them inside the house. I've used them whenever I paint something outside like a chair.

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #547
Larger rack than I normally do. I usually place in the center and light the Left and right burners and keep all the way down. Supposed to keep at 275 for 2 hours and spray with apple juice every 30 minutes. With both burners it gets to 300 rather quickly, and the burners blow out in the slights breeze.

I had to put this in cattiwampus this time and only use the right burner. Being able to regulate the heat better with one burner, and run it higher so it doesn’t blow out as often seems to work better. After one hour I rotated the rack as some was sticking out the back of the grill. 9Only blew out once in the 4.5 hours).

Still have to check it every 10 – 15 minuets with the gale force winds we have going on.

After about 2 .5 hours I flip it over and wrap tightly in tin foil and let it cook for another two hours or so.

After that I take it out of the foil and place back on the rack meat side up and smother in sweet Baby Ray for another 30 minuets to bake the sauce on.

Started at 11:45, now 4:45 and pulling off the grill. Mustard potato salad and fall off the bone goodness. Supper Time!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #549
Came out better than the others I did. I think the single burner method allowed for the lower more controllable (275) heat. Low and slow is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #550
Tinkering with stripping and sanding the sewing machine cabinet. Most of the small parts (Drawers, doors, and fold out top) is done. Need to pick up more stripper for the large cabinet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #552
Yep, gave up around 10:00, stripper doesn't do well over 80*

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #554
Did Kabobs on the grill this evening. accidentally used a Cajun marinade, Wife still said they were good. Sorry for the jittery video but I had a kabob in one hand and operated the camera in the other. I wonder what Road Runner tastes like? That is sure a plump one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #555
whee that is hot Larry. I thought 90 here is hot but we have high humidity to go with the heat
Yea, Gulf Coast humility makes it feel like 105*

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #556
Got a little more stripped before the heat kicked in. Neighbor #1 mowed his grass; I think it took 15 minuets or so. Decided to run the generator to exercise it, started on 1st pull. Yes, it is summer in Texas, and almost no breeze, took the temp at 3:20 this afternoon. Neighbor #2 has been mowing for the last couple hours. I am glad I mowed mine last weekend! 85* feels cool after being outside. I think it is more like 75* at chair level.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #559
Quote of the day.... "Covid-19 is so bad, you have to be tested to see if you have it".
I asked the Dr. yesterday while discussing my lab work if they were testing for Covid-19? He said "No, only if you are real sick". Thinking about this, and what it took to get through the 5 - 6 guards to get into the VA parking lot, I don't think the VA will test for Covid-19, There is no money in it for a Government agency.

·
Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #560
I normally weed whack for several hours, I started at 7:00 this morning and had to quit at 8:00. Already hitting 90 and 85% humidity. Sweat kept getting in my eyes. Got most of the big stuff though.

541 - 560 of 586 Posts