My Tractor Forum banner

481 - 489 of 489 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #481
1st day of working remotely, I did actually handle things at work. Notes I took. Nice not to have the 45 minuet commute. Clocked in at 7:15 and stayed logged in all day. Clocked out at 5:00 and was home at the same time.
So in between work I was able to work on the front axle bushings. I really could use a lathe, but sanding got them fitted. The ID shrunk so I tried the dremel, no-go I needed 3/4" ID and the only thing I had was a hole drill, which worked surprising well as a reamer. One side done, no slop in this spindle now. I did some other things also.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #482
I also helped my Wife with the planters, mainly setting heavy blocks and moved the tomato plants there. I have been looking for where I placed my seat switches, I need a NO one that closes when the seat is occupied, I found these that may keep ne busy later on. First one may be the decision maker as I need to ask it if I need to order a HF lathe

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #483
Caught a good rumble the other day, no wind to mess with the sound, you can here them throttling up and down, and the silence at the end was deafening.

2,279 Posts
Larry, One day I saw a small cub plane flying real slow and kinda low. A fighter jet was flying around in a circle on the plane. The noise from the fighter jet was loud like that rocket. I think the fighter jet was forcing the small plane to fly away the wash dc area. He was in the no fly zone.

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #485
Almost a daily thing here. Twice today, I guess as I am at home more lately it seems like a lot. My Wife is used to it. Neighbor has some nice horses.

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #486
Well for being working remotely I have had to go in three times this week, and I'll be in Monday. I think the City will be in shock when I do retire at the end of this year. I walked around outside some and took these pictures.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #487
I am going to pay for this tomorrow. Hauled a load of trash to the dump. Picked up some 2X4's and came home. Spent 3 hours (2 tanks of gas weed whacking). Showered, then loaded the big trailer to start on the shed door. The $25.00 generator is still going strong except the fuel cut off lever broke. Door is framed, still need to add the cable braces and tin back on. Ran out of day light.
Tomorrow is mowing and finishing this door.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #488
Finished repairing the old shed door, squared it up so it opens and closes smoothly. Reused the tin and screws. I'll work on the walk-in door next weekend. Moved the work crew to disassemble the old door. I saved what I could from it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #489
Moved on to mowing, I have quite a bit to do, but with yesterday’s weed whacking I was able to cruse through all of it in 4 – ½ hours. Looks like a neighbor built too big a bond fire.

Attachments

481 - 489 of 489 Posts