My Tractor Forum banner

361 - 380 of 429 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
Went to a small event today, McGregor TX Founders Day. Nice little event. Here are some pictures of the event.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
They had a car show there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
This is one of the best restores I have seen in a while!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts

·
Parts collector
2,778 Posts
great pics.

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
I'll see this Monday if the 95 Camry hits 300,000, Second car I have had that got this far, last one was a 2000 Caviler. Oh, I changed the oil this evening, doesn't burn any or smoke, clutch is still good, but the suspension is shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had a Corolla FX16 (fire breather) (can’t remember the year) and sold it to my son who was fresh out of the navy. Had about 225k on Odometer, he sold it to his friend “Thor” (Boy did that name fit) with about 245k showing. Didn’t want to stay in 5th gear unless you had your hand holding it in gear. At about 275k miles showing, a determined holding into 5th gear - - really determined, “Thor” was sailing down the 4 lane in Seattle Wa. during “getting off work time traffic” at around 70 mph, probably plus, when the transmission locked up. From what I heard, things got really squirrelly in a heartbeat ?. The 2 geniuses just pulled it to the closest junkyard and ‘gave’ it to them for “free”.

I originally got it with 134k and used it for my work car ? until I sold it to my son. Really toasty here in eastern Wa., but it had AC. It was a fun little car to drive, and there were many times I would have enjoyed finding another one like that one.

Since that car, we’ve had 2 Prius’s, an ‘18 Camry which was traded right back in after 1 year (wife’s request) on a ‘19 Prius. Wife now happy, husband happy, specially when I drive my ‘06, 5.9L Ram. Both of us REALLY happy with the 5000 mpg average of 53.2 mpg. I thought the dash 53.4 mpg indication was wrong, so I (l write down all fuel & oil changes in a log) calculated mileage used from the dealership fill up to the last fill up just before my free 5000 mile serve by the dealer.

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
Plan for this car is to get me to retirement (work car) in 16 months, then teach my Grandson to drive a stick. After that it will be sold or scraped.

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #369
Wife's 60th B'Day was today. I was planning on getting her a welder and wanted to know which color she liked Yellow or Green, Turns out she wanted Blue. I think this saved my butt, and should make some future tractor parts orders easier for a while.
PS I could have bought three yellow welders, But I like the Green one.

Attachments

·
Parts collector
2,778 Posts
Wife's 60th B'Day was today. I was planning on getting her a welder and wanted to know which color she liked Yellow or Green, Turns out she wanted Blue. I think this saved my butt, and should make some future tractor parts orders easier for a while.
PS I could have bought three yellow welders, But I like the Green one.
:sidelaugh

·
Registered
125 Posts
Before you put you’re money down on any welder, be positive the transformer has copper wire. If you push the Welding time specs of the welder and the transformer happens to be aluminum, if you push weld time way over the weld time to cooling time specs, you stand a very good chance of finding a puddle of aluminum under the welder and a dead welding torch. Most all of the early models were aluminum transformer units, can’t say about all of the newer models.

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
I think the newer ones use inverters, not sure. Only planning to weld cracked tin fender pans.

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
Interesting day at work, this tower is right outside my office. Oh, and I drained the old gas and added fresh treated gas. Leaving out Friday morning.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #374
Was HOT the last few days, Working on a video, here are some pictures.

Attachments

·
Parts collector
2,778 Posts
Cool pics!

·
Parts collector
2,778 Posts
"I was so tempted" to snowblow corn husks. LOL...................... :sidelaugh

361 - 380 of 429 Posts