My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 518 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I needed a new starting point too with the new place and all, so here it is. Too HOT to do anything right now, and dodging welcomed rain storms. I was able to load the last of the bricks and old steps up using BOH and the calico trailer. Craftsman's are under the pergola for the night. Plan tomorrow to place the wider steps at the back entrance till I can get to building the deck.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I filmed this around noon today when it showed 100*, it now shows 105* in the shade right now. House is finally presentable for a tour.

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No grass mowing this Month either. This is at 6:00pm in the shade, and 8' - 10' above the ground. I guess I need a new thermometer, this one is running out of numbers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep same property, can't wait till we have a "green" view again. This was last year pictures.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another HOT one. I guess I'll find out how efficient the new house is when the electric bill comes in. I really need to get the blinds up this weekend. In the shade at 5:30. More to come!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look again! 108* this weekend, gets in the 100's Wednesday. That 20% chance of rain means the humidity is coming back and the heat index will be high!

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a shame that I am sitting in the Man Cave at 90* and it feels comfortable because it is 111* outside right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
It's a shame that I am sitting in the Man Cave at 90* and it feels comfortable because it is 111* outside right now.
Hey Larry congrats on the new home, it's a beauty. Btw, I can relate to the temps; wife had our thermostat set at 82 when I came in from mowing today and it chilled me to the bone after leaving 100+ & high humidity outside..lol.

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spent some time in the pool with my Grandson. I left the shower up from our New house replacement. Decided to take some measurements with my HF Multi meter which has the Temp function in Celsius. Readings taken at 7:30 pm.

Pool Temp 29c = 84.2*

Ambient Temp 35c = 95.0*

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I used this morning to put up a new outside antenna, then put up new blinds on most of the windows. My R knee became swollen with all the ladder work. Taking it easy the rest of the weekend.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Too HOT to venture into the pool at mid day. Temps taken at 2:30 today.

Ambient in the shade 39c / 102.2*
Ambient in the sun 43c / 109.4*
Pool temp 30c / 86.0

Maybe after the sun goes down.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We have Officially run out of numbers on this thermometer! Today at 6:00pm

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The last post is incorrect. I think the new covered porch is trapping the heat due to no wind, this thermometer is more representative to the actual temperature at 6:30pm. Still uber HOT!

Attachments

2,441 Posts
We had 16 straight days of high humidity and high temperatures. My nice green grass is burnt brown. Saturday we had 5 inches of rain. Sunday 2 inches of rain. It rain today. 100% chance of rain the rest of week. I haven't cut the grass in three weeks. I use to tell my elderly mother if it gets too hot take a cold bath or shower a couple times a day.

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had an observation around 9:30 last night while sitting on the new porch watching the dogs. normally when there is no wind I have to have a couple bug candles going to keep the knats and mosquitoes at bay. I realized that when the temperature is above 98.6 they can't find you. I guess this could be considered a plus side to the heat.

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I used Old Girl to move the trailer around to load up some of the construction scrap. Most of this is underpinning, pvc pipe, and old cabinets. This will get hauled to the dump next week. I needed to fix a small water leak at the outside filter. I had to install a compression fitting to allow me to tighten the by-pass valve connections. I also emailed Clayton about the circuit breaker lock-out for the stove and hot water tank. It looks to me that this will prevent the breakers to trip if there is an issue.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 518 Posts