My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi SF

im thinking of some type pulverizer for old pasture, was wonderin about the lienbach yard tool?

thanks

·
Banned
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im trying to figure out what to do with a few acres, like to put it in pasture.
has been neglected for 5-7 years, i bushhogged it all down, mostly thistles,vines, cuclkeburrs, weeds.
im gonna get a soil sample, would like to put a few head of cattle on it.

after i bushhogged, it is vines and weeds laying on ground, i can move em with a foot, and bare dirt under the weeds.

·
Registered
804 Posts
im trying to figure out what to do with a few acres, like to put it in pasture.
has been neglected for 5-7 years, i bushhogged it all down, mostly thistles,vines, cuclkeburrs, weeds.
im gonna get a soil sample, would like to put a few head of cattle on it.

after i bushhogged, it is vines and weeds laying on ground, i can move em with a foot, and bare dirt under the weeds.
I would get everything cleared off, then take an aerator and over-seed with some grass and then put either fertilizer or lime down.

·
Registered
804 Posts
what will get rid of the thatch that is lying on ground?

No. This would just compact it and then put a 2-3 inch slit in the ground.

however if you want to utilize the thatch you would need a core aerator which we sell also. here is a great article I found on how to deal with thatch.

"Core aerification, followed by topdressing are two methods that will generally correct the reasons thatch is accumulating. Core aerifying machines will pull up small soil cores to the surface that are left there to act like topdressing. The holes created help solve problems such as compaction or poor drainage. Topdressing is simply adding a thin layer(1/8 to 1/4 inch) of compatible soil over the thatch, which adds microorganisms to help in breakdown"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts