My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey so my ignition went shot on my closed side lgt. And I can't seem to find a switch (5 prong) with the right orientation. Does anybody by chance have a wiring diagram for that switch and maybe (even better) have a part number for an after market switch?

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
any 5 pin switch will work but you may have to re-arrange the wires in the original plastic plug/housing.... slip a micro screwdriver(flat) along the back side of the metal connectors to release them and then pull on the wire.

·
Administrator
5,856 Posts
I work at NAPA.....We have a switch, Primeline part # 7-01892

Features & Benefits​
Attributes​
# Switch Terminals: 5
Brand: Kohler
Contents: Key Switch
Fits Power Equipment Model #: Most Battery Ignition
Power Equipment Manufacturer: AYP/Sears/Roper, Gravely, Jacobsen, John Deere, Toro/Wheel Horse
Replaces OE Part #: 2683R, Gravely 019223, Jacobsen 129846, John Deere AM102544, AM31995, Toro/Wheelhorse 103990​

·
Registered
7 Posts
I work at NAPA.....We have a switch, Primeline part # 7-01892

Features & Benefits​
Attributes​
# Switch Terminals: 5
Brand: Kohler
Contents: Key Switch
Fits Power Equipment Model #: Most Battery Ignition
Power Equipment Manufacturer: AYP/Sears/Roper, Gravely, Jacobsen, John Deere, Toro/Wheel Horse
Replaces OE Part #: 2683R, Gravely 019223, Jacobsen 129846, John Deere AM102544, AM31995, Toro/Wheelhorse 103990​
I know this is an older thread. I ordered an ignition switch for my LGT145 closed side. I ordered from NAPA, and the part # I used was 701854. Which cross referenced with Wheel Horse 103990, and John Deere am102544 or am31995. You're showing a different part# for NAPA. Will the part I ordered work? Thanks for any help.

·
Administrator
5,856 Posts
I know this is an older thread. I ordered an ignition switch for my LGT145 closed side. I ordered from NAPA, and the part # I used was 701854. Which cross referenced with Wheel Horse 103990, and John Deere am102544 or am31995. You're showing a different part# for NAPA. Will the part I ordered work? Thanks for any help.
Looking at both, I think they are the same. They both cross with the JD am102544

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looking at both, I think they are the same. They both cross with the JD
Thanks a bunch. I was worried I ordered the wrong part. The part # that you have listed is $29, and the one I ordered is $16. Quite a bit of difference. Thanks again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks a bunch. I was worried I ordered the wrong part. The part # that you have listed is $29, and the one I ordered is $16. Quite a bit of difference. Thanks again.
The switch I obtained was too large to fit in original dash hole. Not sure if I want to drill it larger. Just an update.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Try the switch behind the dash and make sure it works correctly.....then drill hole larger if you like
Drilled the hole with step bit. Worked great. I guess, The one I replaced, was less than a year old. Battery wouldn't charge. Probably cheap, Chinese crap. The NAPA one I used, packaging said, Made in USA. 🤞

1 - 9 of 9 Posts