My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any reviews? I read on here that you can not ground engage, but lowes has a sign above it, that says you can, which is true, between this and the cubs

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Go to the Husqvarna website and check it out there - do not believe what you see posted at Lowes or HD for that matter. One member not to long ago fell into that same situation and was able to bring it back for a full refund after proving that it was not rated for ground engaging duty.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
the LGT 2554 ACCEPTS but is not RATED for ground engaging equipment. It has a K46 tranny (same as the X300 John Deere). The only tractors Husqvarna produces with ground engaging capable transmissions is the 2754GLS, 2354GXLS, and one other, I think the 2748GLS? They have K66 I believe. Higher up X3xx series such as the X340 have K58. But what kinds of ground engaging equipment do you plan on using? If it's something like an aerator... most wouldn't consider that ground engaging.

The signage at Lowes is misleading, but it does not lie. As it technically DOES accept ground engaging attatchments, but it's not rated for them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Any reviews? I read on here that you can not ground engage, but lowes has a sign above it, that says you can, which is true, between this and the cubs
As others have stated, the K46 is not designed for ground-engaging.

As for the rest of the tractor.....

The Kohler is up to the task with reserve to spare, I just did some rather thick "hay" this week and not a sign of struggle at standard mowing speed with the deck set to "manicure". Engine barely changed pitch.

I had to adjust the deck myself to factory spec; it was level, but high in front. Very happy with the cut, which is nice and flat and even; good velocity at the chute, no clumping. The 54" is a time-saver and the deck sticking out the sides allows you to get in tight to bushes and such. A wide deck can be too wide if you have alot to mow around, I'm mostly open and flat so it's perfect. Greasable spindles.
I spend 2 1/2 hours each week in the seat with no comfort issues; seat & steering are great.
I like and prefer the lever operated hydro, lever stays where I put it. Husqvarna rolls the edges of the main fender/footrest stamping which should make it stronger, but definately eliminates sharp edges. It could use better headlights, but I think this is common across brands.

All in, I'm very happy with the machine and find myself mowing more frequently than I need just because I enjoy it. I bought at Lowe's and am very please with those folks as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts