My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I was able to pull the control panel on the tractor, I found that mice had been livining inside for a while. I looks liked the used the back of the ignistion switch as the bathroom and made a real mess of it. The connection for the black wire from the fuse was corroded so bad, it fell off!

Before I pull the control panel, I was strting the tractor and the key stopped working. If I jumped the solenoid, the tractor starts. I get 12VDC at the light blue wire from the ignition switch, si I am guessing the solenoid is bad.

Anyway, now I am looking for an ignition switch and solenoid. It seems like a regular car solenoid should work, like on from an older Ford. I am not sure about the ignition switch. I could get a toggle switch, but I would prefer something with a key.

Again, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was able to get both of these parts from Car Quest auto parts store. They come from Sten's or Prime Line. You will need to clean off the back of the switch, to make sure the wiring harness plugs are located in the proper place. E-Bay always seems to have parts for these tractors. Good Luck.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fordphan,

I have the switch on order and should have it by the end of the week. As it turns out, the solinoid is OK, it looks like the connector on the wire connected to the switch is bad (an easy thing to fix).

Thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered the switch from the Autozone web site and it is an exact match to the one that came out. The switch is in annd everything is connected back up and working. While it was apart, a new battery went in to help get ready for winter.

Now its time to change the oil in the engine and transmission.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts