My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a LGT14H (Gilson version) and a 48" mower deck. I just finished replacing the mower blades with a new set from a local New Holland dealer. Now its time to install the deck on hte tractor.

Can someone post some pictures on the front and attachment points? When I bought the tractor it had a plow installed, so the previous owner explained how he would connect it. Unfortunately, the way he said to connect it does not match what the users manual for the deck shows.

Help.

Thanks

·
1981 Ford 1100 4WD
880 Posts
Here is what the front of your deck should look like.

The chain gets attached to the lift pin on the hydraulic lift shaft.

The two holes you see just above and behind the anti-scalp roller attach to the two clevis's that come off the front axle assembly, with a pin through each.

If this isn't clear let me know and I might be able to scan an image from the mower deck manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your first response was a big help. I was able to get the front bracket connected tonight and was trying to figure out the rest tonight.

It looks like I may be missing the bracket that bolts to the lift arm. I need to go check the snowplow frame to see if its attached to that.

Could you take a couple of pictures of the rear attachment points and lift arms as well?

Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
When you come to my place I'll show you the deck mounted on my LGT-18H and the manual. I only wish it looked like either Don's or Rick's!! LOL

·
1981 Ford 1100 4WD
880 Posts
the rear lift is strictly by chain. There is a shaft under the front edge of the seat with a couple of short lift arms. Each arm has a chain welded to it. The chains drop straight down and attach to the rear of the deck, by the anti-scalp roller.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts