My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the truck section is DEAD, so i figured id just bring it up here figuring this gets alot more traffic. what do you guys think about leveling kits? and perferred brands you guys like? i was looking into putting one on my 3/4 ton silverado but id like to get a couple opinions before i go throwing around money.:thanku:

·
makin noise!
303 Posts
i have installed a few Ready Lift brand kits on Silverados, i'm a GM tech, on torsion bar trucks it's just a torsion key that is indexed differently. not too hard to install if you have the tool to release the tension from the adjusters. it looks abit like a large C-clamp. i have not seen any problems caused by them, of course there is the possibility that the torsion bars will fatigue earlier than normal.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
nice looking silverado jake
oh yeah, im pretty anal about it. it gets its wax before and after winter and its weekly washes and armor all. even the engine compartment gets armor all..right along with all the black on the bumbers then tire shine/wheel cleaner. it isnt perfect, but as close as im gonna get it. really the only thing thats wrong with it cosmetic wise is the plastic under the driver side mirror got busted by kicking up a stick, and theres a tiny dent in the rear bumper.

back to the important stuff, i was looking at rough country, and i can buy a leveling kit, blocks for the back and shocks for all around and hardware for less then the readylift system..whats up with that?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
A friend of mine was anal about his car. (Talking of anal.) He would hand wash and POLISH the UNDER side at least once a summer!! It did break his heart when it was stolen and found abandoned with the wheels removed.

·
makin noise!
303 Posts
back to the important stuff, i was looking at rough country, and i can buy a leveling kit, blocks for the back and shocks for all around and hardware for less then the readylift system..whats up with that?
Huh, i never realized. looks like about $129 for a Rough Country and $229 for Ready Lift. i just install what our parts guy sells.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i like the face that the ready lift has the lifetime guarantee, but really, how many times do you see aftermarket torsion keys break?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts