My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
52 cubes of goodness
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to build or buy something for my Suburban. What do you have? What do you like/dislike about yours? Lets see some pics!!!!!

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
I have a canvas military softop from an eighties chevy long bed pickup. Would be plenty of material to make a nice soft cab. If your interested PM me

·
Super Moderator
32,682 Posts
Starting to refurb this Original Tractor Cab Company cab that I bought about a month ago!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
I use an MTD softcab much like the Craftsman one on my 08 Craftsman Pro. I picked it up off CL still new in the box and figured I could adapt it with a little mounting hardware from Sears Parts. By sheer luck the MTD frame locks itself into the rear weight tray of the Craftsman. It installs or removes in about 30 seconds.

When I first tried it I didn't like the wrinkly view and it felt cramped inside. This was soon replaced with the realization that snow wasn't blowing all over me, the seat and the controls of my tractor! Also, it is amazing how much warmer it feels even though the cab has an open back and "drapery-like" sides. Here it is, I added the snow brush as a windshield wiper. It's removable so that it can also be used to clean out the snowblower:

·
Tractor addict
2,857 Posts
I had a cab for only 6 months, it made getting on and off my tractor very difficult but it did keep the wind off me very nicely. Unfortunately a break down came along and I ended up selling it due to no where to put it over the summer and I thought I would be spending a lot more than I did to fix the problem.

I would get another cab, maybe for my suburban but not my other tractor due to the awkwardness getting on and off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts