My Tractor Forum banner

4381 - 4400 of 4415 Posts

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,500 Posts
Very nice! A question.. did Scout get a bath too since he's in the middle of the picture? :tango_face_smile: This time of year NE weather is all over the place, Saturday was almost 70 and today its barely above freezing.. Are you still happy with the new Toyota? My son is thinking about one.
Scout did not get a bath Saturday - though he could use one. Yea, even here in the mid-Atlantic, we hit 75 Saturday, had a rainy day Sunday, and this morning it was 28 when Scout and I rolled out for our morning hike.

Still very happy with the new Tacoma. Did some shopping for a cap on Friday. I probably knew I was going to miss it when I traded my 2010 Tacoma with cap, but I didn't realize how much, especially now that it rains every couple days here in PA. For my last cap, I waited and watched CL for a couple years and got a perfect color match for under $400. As the new 3rd Gen Tacoma (2016-) has very little used cap inventory, I am likely going to pay new prices for a new one. Kind of stiff. But - My first SS check is due next week - what better place to spend it?

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Some of my current collection, L-R, 1944 "LA", 1961 IH Cub Lo Boy, 1980-2418 Power King & 1948 Allis Chalmers "G"

Attachments

·
'80 216, '96 345
249 Posts
Went home today to attend the dedication ceremony for the bypass around town. My cousin worked with others to get the road that dramatically improved business for the community. And, he moved his business out to it. His business was a John Deere dealership, of course!

·
Premium Member
3,789 Posts
The 2002 X595 and 2019 X590.
IMG_2805.jpg

·
Registered
347 Posts
Not a very good pic but I had a old 111 that I replaced the seat cover with a canvas gravel sample bag from a local quarry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
My family has always had bunch of 2 cylinder JDs. Dad has been restoring them for years. I came home yesterday to find him unloading his first one cylinder project...

This was my great-grandpa's 110. My dad wasn't sure what ever happened to it. One of his cousins, who he hadn't seen in years, stopped by last week and asked if he'd be interested in buying it. Her father got it when great-grandpa died, she got it when her dad died. It's just been sitting for years. She was having a garage sale and somebody saw it and wanted to buy it to part out. She declined and thought of my dad who restores old John Deeres. Dad went to check it out and couldn't believe how good of shape it was in. We're pretty sure the tires are even the originals. He asked how much. She said as long you promise to restore it and keep it, you can have it. It will be right at home in the barn among it's big, 2 cylinder brothers.

·
Parts collector
2,778 Posts
My family has always had bunch of 2 cylinder JDs. Dad has been restoring them for years. I came home yesterday to find him unloading his first one cylinder project...

This was my great-grandpa's 110. My dad wasn't sure what ever happened to it. One of his cousins, who he hadn't seen in years, stopped by last week and asked if he'd be interested in buying it. Her father got it when great-grandpa died, she got it when her dad died. It's just been sitting for years. She was having a garage sale and somebody saw it and wanted to buy it to part out. She declined and thought of my dad who restores old John Deeres. Dad went to check it out and couldn't believe how good of shape it was in. We're pretty sure the tires are even the originals. He asked how much. She said as long you promise to restore it and keep it, you can have it. It will be right at home in the barn among it's big, 2 cylinder brothers.
That's awesome! :thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Great story. Good to see it kept in the family.
After a good clean up it may look good enough to keep it as is. They’re only original once.

·
Super Moderator
8,183 Posts
Great story. Good to see it kept in the family.
After a good clean up it may look good enough to keep it as is. They’re only original once.
DITTO! Thats a cool story too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
First post here. I have loved owning riding and garden tractors for a while now, and have upgraded to a light duty garden tractor.

My first tractor was an older Craftsman 6000 that I used to caring for 8 acres in Colorado, then later, 11 acres in Maine. It was a workhorse, and ran like a champ when I sold it.
My second was a 2015 Husq' YTH24K48 Fast Tractor. I had it for 3 years, loved it, then had a catastrophe with it last fall, when some leaves made their way into the 'guard' under the engine. While I was dumping leaves from the bagger, I turned around and saw the tractor on fire. :tango_face_surprise
By the time I got back from the house with a fire extinguisher, the tractor was fully engulfed in flames. :tango_face_sad:
I was very sad all winter with the loss; it still seemed new to me, and I washed and cleaned it every week after its workouts.
My sadness is lifting, though. I just drove home last night with a new John Deere x590. No experience on it yet, so we'll see. Tomorrow, I am closing on a new 10 acre ex-Christmas Tree farm that was cleared 10 years ago, so lots of old dried-out, decayed trees on the property that need to be cleared. I hope the x590 will be up to the job...wish me luck!!!

Attachments

·
Parts collector
2,778 Posts
First post here. I have loved owning riding and garden tractors for a while now, and have upgraded to a light duty garden tractor.

My first tractor was an older Craftsman 6000 that I used to caring for 8 acres in Colorado, then later, 11 acres in Maine. It was a workhorse, and ran like a champ when I sold it.
My second was a 2015 Husq' YTH24K48 Fast Tractor. I had it for 3 years, loved it, then had a catastrophe with it last fall, when some leaves made their way into the 'guard' under the engine. While I was dumping leaves from the bagger, I turned around and saw the tractor on fire. :tango_face_surprise
By the time I got back from the house with a fire extinguisher, the tractor was fully engulfed in flames. :tango_face_sad:
I was very sad all winter with the loss; it still seemed new to me, and I washed and cleaned it every week after its workouts.
My sadness is lifting, though. I just drove home last night with a new John Deere x590. No experience on it yet, so we'll see. Tomorrow, I am closing on a new 10 acre ex-Christmas Tree farm that was cleared 10 years ago, so lots of old dried-out, decayed trees on the property that need to be cleared. I hope the x590 will be up to the job...wish me luck!!!
:tango_face_crying: sorry for the loss.

I think you will be happier with the JD than the Husky. :tango_face_wink:

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
Since no one had posted a photo since July 21st, I was going thru some pics, so here is my X720 covered in some snow & the coffee my neighbor would give me, no lid so I would pour out about 1" & a bunch more coffee would be on my gloves & fender, in photo I can see some brown coffee mush in foot tread.

Attachments

·
Registered
822 Posts
4381 - 4400 of 4415 Posts