Registered
2,122 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Since our first snow started yesterday, I put the mid driveshaft on and hooked up the snow blower. Normally the first snows are light enough for the broom--not this year.
According the the snowfall link above, https://www.weather.gov/crh/snowfall, we got 3", but with 20-25 mph winds its all around the buildings.
During the football game yesterday, they cleared the snow at halftime while the dance team was performing. Then they used leaf blowers to keep the lines somewhat clear for the remainder of the game. By the end, the field was all snow.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Since our first snow started yesterday, I put the mid driveshaft on and hooked up the snow blower. Normally the first snows are light enough for the broom--not this year.
According the the snowfall link above, https://www.weather.gov/crh/snowfall, we got 3", but with 20-25 mph winds its all around the buildings.
During the football game yesterday, they cleared the snow at halftime while the dance team was performing. Then they used leaf blowers to keep the lines somewhat clear for the remainder of the game. By the end, the field was all snow.
Hah! We were at the game, and I happened to comment to my wife, "When you want it done right, break out the Green!"

Kennesaw State, here we come!

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
3 of my 54 blades, My pretty 54 I bought with my X720 & added piece of conveyor belt, My 54 I bought in Toledo & added wings, conveyor belt & one piece edge, my 54 crapping looking Blade I only gave $50 for it to use on dirt and gravel, for I can scratch it up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
Top link eye candy. the link on the bottom is the cat 1 top link for an X-series that I bent, next one up is the replacement I bought, next one up is the used one I bought last month. then the next four are cat 0, two Deere, one TSC one bolens.

Attachments

·
Registered
822 Posts
Top link eye candy. the link on the bottom is the cat 1 top link for an X-series that I bent, next one up is the replacement I bought, next one up is the used one I bought last month. then the next four are cat 0, two Deere, one TSC one bolens.

Now you're just showing off!!! :tango_face_grin: LOL. I'm still looking for one thats not crazy money. . Where did you buy the replacement? was it new?

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
Now you're just showing off!!! :tango_face_grin: LOL. I'm still looking for one thats not crazy money. . Where did you buy the replacement? was it new?
The replacement for my limited cat 1 used on my X720 came new from Deere. that was back in 2012. I don't know the prices now, but back then it was just a few bucks more to buy the whole link instead of just the bent eyelet.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Brought out the trio today, making a mental list of what needs what, what I want need, and what should go.

Hopefully didn't jinx us, but after putting the loader on the X585, things didn't fit in the bay well so I took the 54" off and lifted it up to the loft. Worse comes to worse I can bring it back down, but I have the blade next to the 455 if we get any meaningful amounts of snow.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wow! Serious barn envy here. That is one nice shed.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Did you build that shed or was it part of the home when you bought the home? That is huge!
Hey Don, I actually had it built about 4 years ago. Somehow I convinced my wife.. it started out I just asked her if I could put up a metal carport for our new 5th wheel. She thought that would look ugly and said I could go bigger. God I love that woman! LOL.

Wow! Serious barn envy here. That is one nice shed.
Thank you! I’m very blessed to have such a barn. I could’t just build a stick built garage, I grew up on a farm with a “BARN”.. it’s a 44’x44’ timberframed barn with a 24x24 wood shop and a 12x24 mechanics bay on one side and the 20x44 bay in the back for the camper. Upstairs is a 24x24 finished room and a 20x44 loft. The porch is what sold it to my wife.. I knew she couldn’t resist!! :tango_face_devil:

Nice Barn FTWingRiders! Is your lift electric? Nice way to move things up to the loft!

Thank you! The upper loft is just awesome! However it’s 15’ up and I sure wasn’t going to carry everything up the stairs. LOL. I had an idea for an electric hoist, and right there was the only place it would work. Took a bit of thought on how to make it work, but it’s a real life saver.. I can palletize holiday decorations, tractor stuff, etc and up it goes very easily. I use a HF 2000lb hoist to run it.

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,500 Posts
Spring Cleaning

Couldn't figure where to post this, it is clearly a picture, so here it is:

Spring Fleet Scrub down

Spent the morning and afternoon Swinging an 18' Marvin pruning pole to clean up any branches growing toward my utility lines. Then the early evening enjoying Spring at it's finest:

Phillies winning on the radio
Burgers flaming on the grill
My entire fleet shining in the late sun

·
Banker / hobby farmer
620 Posts
Re: Spring Cleaning

Spring Fleet Scrub down

Spent the morning and afternoon Swinging an 18' Marvin pruning pole to clean up any branches growing toward my utility lines. Then the early evening enjoying Spring at it's finest:

Always nice to enjoy such and day and the fruits of ones labor. Eccl 5:18-20.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Re: Spring Cleaning

Spring Fleet Scrub down

Very nice! A question.. did Scout get a bath too since he's in the middle of the picture? :tango_face_smile: This time of year NE weather is all over the place, Saturday was almost 70 and today its barely above freezing.. Are you still happy with the new Toyota? My son is thinking about one.

4361 - 4380 of 4415 Posts