My Tractor Forum banner

4321 - 4340 of 4545 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Didn't see a section just for splitters, so, on this thread it goes! I've been using this splitter since 1970-something....when I was about 6 years old, I got to be the hydraulics operator! It's still in the family, and still splitting like a top.....though it could probably use some cleaning, and maybe new hoses. Runs like a Deere!

Attachments

·
Parts collector
3,442 Posts
Didn't see a section just for splitters, so, on this thread it goes! I've been using this splitter since 1970-something....when I was about 6 years old, I got to be the hydraulics operator! It's still in the family, and still splitting like a top.....though it could probably use some cleaning, and maybe new hoses. Runs like a Deere!
looks like mine I bought from a guy I worked with 4 years ago that he got from his dad that bought it at an auction for a rental place that went out of business. LOL......... :tango_face_grin:

It has and old Wisconsin Robins engine one it. It has some carb issues but it runs great! Just leaks a little gas .

·
Premium Member
6,484 Posts
Too much time on hand, had to test fit a 26x12-12 turf on 112. SE wheel to.

Attachments

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,932 Posts
Too much time on hand, had to test fit a 26x12-12 turf on 112. SE wheel to.
If you use those, is the 112 SF going to get a MOD for clearance and flared extensions? :tango_face_devil:

·
Premium Member
6,484 Posts
More garage time with all the rain & a wet yard. Forgot I had a bowl of bolts that are used to pull gear off of the crank of Onan engines. I'll probably never need them since I no longer own any Onans.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looks identical to the Montgomery Wards splitter in my garage, that like you, I had the joy of operating the hydraulics when I was younger. I’ll have to dig that old girl out for a pic. The original Briggs was replaced two years ago, but works like a champ!

·
Premium Member
9,738 Posts
We had the same one, split a lot of wood with it !!

·
Registered
925 Posts
4321 - 4340 of 4545 Posts