Premium Member
5,318 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,471 Posts
Reactions: mopar65pa

·
22,173 Posts
I want to know how anyone cuts grass with a front end loader.
Not a problem. Scrape the first snowfall off the lawn with the bucket. My snow dump starts at my compost pile so the clippings go straight to compost.

Since the area that gets the close winter haircut also grows the fastest, that also delays my mowing season in the spring by 1 - 2 weeks.

Gotta love it when a plan comes together!

Reactions: Steve Urquell

·
Super Moderator
16,471 Posts
I made a nice little dethatcher attachment for my FEL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Almost looks Like a Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar Nice Job (y)

·
6,990 Posts
You made that?....it looks like you could dethatch the tropical rain forest with that ...nice work (y) now you have to give ua at least a little bit of information on how you did it ...it looks better than a lot of stuff you see being sold commercially

·
Registered
579 Posts
I bought the teeth from Titan and welded them to a mounting plate. Into it for about $125. Still needs paint, but so does the loader.

·
Registered
579 Posts
The comment on it being a dethatcher was a joke following the banter on the Cat.

I built the tooth bar for a number of uses. I have some dirt areas I want to dig up and level. I hope it will do a better job roughing them up than the cutting edge. I also think it will help moving big firewood. Lastly, I have a patio made of concrete squares that is uneven and really ugly. I think the teeth will dig under and grab those blocks when I eventually rip it up to replace with pavers.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Been around here over 11y never saw this thread I'm sure we all know what 45 loaders look like but here's mine. Seeing all these tooth bars make me want one now
x748_1376804892-1.jpg
x748_1376804892.jpg

·
Registered
579 Posts
Skwirl, does that 4 bar linkage on the curl enable you to raise the bucket without adjusting the curl?

Reactions: Merc1973

·
Registered
121 Posts
The plans for it say its self leveling bucket.
I havent used it enough to figure out what that means, lol. But it sounds good, lol.
All I can tell is, if I pick the bucket up, the curl of the bucket lowers. So I guess the answer is no.
Either way, it's going to help me a lot. I'm not getting in any better shape or younger for that matter.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Where did you get your plans? I built mine based on Paul's plans from PF Engineering. I am really happy with the outcome even running the loader off the tractor hydraulics rather than a dedicated pump like Paul suggests. I suggest you find an out of the way spot to store your wheelbarrow. You won't use it much going forward!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Plans from Paul also. He calls it a pin on mini payloader. He built a prototype earlier this year. Plans became available in July.
I'm also using on board hydraulics.
It's pretty easy to remove also, that why I decided on this one. I'm putting a 2nd coat of paint on it. Then I'd like a set of forks for it to.
The wheel Barrow is a catch all now. The girlfriend might use it, if the tire isnt flat, lol.

Reactions: Merc1973
1141 - 1160 of 1182 Posts