My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the shop I work out of nice and quiet for the most part has everything I need plus we have a sea container full of used parts and the bone yard out back we also have 4 car tents 2 are empty the other 2 have stuff in them that haven't seen day iight in a few years lol lots to keep me busy and out of trouble

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you need a cleaning lady to come in and straighten out a little.....all of us could use that
View attachment 2506727 View attachment 2506728 View attachment 2506729
Oh yes I do agree I clear out the shop and the business partner fills it again 😄 we have so much stuff I can't keep track of it all ...the back shelves are full of new parts for sears craftsman JD husqvarna etc plus belts motors about 25 single briggs heads a few v twins in that mess ..the bench to the right that u can't see much of is covered to its up by the front door ..I want to clear it out lol but the old fellow loves his hoard heck my tool box isn't even there yet lol no room ....I like ur shop were I live now I don't have one right now looking into getting one for all my toys

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Sorry boys, "messy" starts when no part of the floor is visible. Mine was "messy" but now clearing it out pick up truck load by load to a real (old) shop at my new house. 3 more weeks and it should be vacant, wall to wall. Ahhhh!

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry boys, "messy" starts when no part of the floor is visible. Mine was "messy" but now clearing it out pick up truck load by load to a real (old) shop at my new house. 3 more weeks and it should be vacant, wall to wall. Ahhhh!
Lol true ...I want my work bench back ..I clear it he piles more crap on it ...

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
I have to agree. On mess there if you don't have to step over things and can still see the opposite wall. Here is mine. Part of it anyway. The other side it just as bad and there is another car in there somewhere.
IMG_20210604_150803.jpg

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Been there myself ...my old house had a 2 bay garage I had my pro street camaro in there as well as dad's 53 crusader and all my other stuffs......The shop I work out of now needs to be organized a little better so we can use the benches properly instead of storage 😀 what year is the car is it a 68 or 9 GTX ....My buddy Brent had a 69 coronet when we were Yong as well as 69 z28 that we stuffed a 502 stroker in ..He passed away in a snowmobile accident and his wife sold the cars off before I got wind they were for sale
.lots of blood and sweet went into those cars and lots of memories..I love the old muscle cars ..

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Been there myself ...my old house had a 2 bay garage I had my pro street camaro in there as well as dad's 53 crusader and all my other stuffs......The shop I work out of now needs to be organized a little better so we can use the benches properly instead of storage 😀 what year is the car is it a 68 or 9 GTX ....My buddy Brent had a 69 coronet when we were Yong as well as 69 z28 that we stuffed a 502 stroker in ..He passed away in a snowmobile accident and his wife sold the cars off before I got wind they were for sale
.lots of blood and sweet went into those cars and lots of memories..I love the old muscle cars ..

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I think I am about to become real familiar with my new little friend....

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I am about to become real familiar with my new little friend....
View attachment 2506799
I hear u lol I fill my 14 foot landscape trailer 1 to 2 times a month with scrap to keep ot a little cleaner...I may get a bin in and clear out some of the old obsolete stuff we have kicking around we have so much stuff I am still finding parts I did know he had stashed away in box's and totes

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
I hear u lol I fill my 14 foot landscape trailer 1 to 2 times a month with scrap to keep ot a little cleaner...I may get a bin in and clear out some of the old obsolete stuff we have kicking around we have so much stuff I am still finding parts I did know he had stashed away in box's and totes
About the time you throw the old stuff out someone will come in looking for it. Does he even know what and where everything is? Quite possible there is something in there someone has been looking for.

I can understand the dumpster and some day it may happen. Just to many building materials that when the time comes will have a place to go.

·
Super Moderator
37,082 Posts
The Amish builder said everything should be here within 1 - 2 weeks. I pass by the lumber mills that he gets his wood from when I go to his place, their yards are stacked pretty full.

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Reactions: PA318Guy

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
About the time you throw the old stuff out someone will come in looking for it. Does he even know what and where everything is? Quite possible there is something in there someone has been looking for.

I can understand the dumpster and some day it may happen. Just to many building materials that when the time comes will have a place to go.
He's pretty good at remembering most of what he has for being 75 ....Just wish he would tell me lol so I know as well ...It's funny I will tell him I need a part he gos for a walk comes back and hands it to me 95% of the time ...I will post a pick of the inside of the shipping container we have about 20 or more v twins or various makes ...then we have two tents we haven't touched yet this year and a bone yard out back ...he keeps almost everything sept MTD he has a personal hate on for them and wrecks everyone that comes in keeps the engines and a few odds and ends and junks the rest ...Me I will fix anything if it can be fixed he's a picky old feeler 😆

·
Premium Member
10,027 Posts
I am space challenged also, but when I need bench space I set up a folding table, or work outside when not raining or a bajillion degrees.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am space challenged also, but when I need bench space I set up a folding table, or work outside when not raining or a bajillion degrees.
Looks awsome man

Reactions: larrybl

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I plan to build a new shop with a traversing bridge crane to cover the whole thing; because in 20 years, I'll be 80.

meanwhile, my metal shop in in this sea container, wood shop in the shed behind, car and tractor repairs in the garage attached to the house, the big door you can see there.

I have a nice workbench though.

Ok, to be honest it normally looks more like this;

Top is 3/8 steel plate.
On the other side is a lathe and soon I hope to get my milling machine in there too.

And since I'm in Europe, I have 380V 3-phase power.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts