My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved this thread over from another to share some pics with those that PM'd me.

Here you go!

1984 CJ7

I pulled the motor/tranny last summer and replaced EVERY gasket due to leaks. Put a new valve cover on and converted ignition to Ford and swapped to a MC2100 carb. 15-16 mpg with the 2.73 stock axles and 30 x 9.50 tires is an average.

Here are a couple of pics of the inside. Minimal surface rust, the floors are the only real issue but nothing serious. I have some of the Garnet red seat material and going to have my upholstery buddy repair the driver seat.

I have had 24 Jeep CJ's over the last 25 yrs or so. My first car was a 1978 CJ5.

I also have owned a 1982 Scrambler previously. Original paint/decals.

I built a 304 and put it in the Scrambler.

And my favorite restoration was my 77 CJ5 with Levi's package

·
Registered
927 Posts
Those are some very very nice CJ's you have/had.

Here's mine, I need to get it painted soon. (not sure on color yet tho)

It has a Chevy 350, Chevy SM465 cast iron 4 speed, twin sticked Dana 300, GM 14 bolt full floating rear that has been narrowed, locked and has chrome moly shafts 4.88 yukon gears and rear disc brake conversion, Dana 44 front diff that has been narrowed locked and chrome moly'd and 4.88 yukon gears. It also sports a 4wheeldrive hardware extreme duty double wall fiberglass tub, 6 point roll cage, custom bumpers and all the other rock crawling ammenities. 38.5" Super Swampers, Bestop super top. 3" 5 point safety harnesses.

Oh and it's an 82 Jeep CJ-7 lol, although the only things that are original to the Jeep are the front fenders, windshield frame, dash and VIN.

Attachments

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, they were like bees stinging you when they were hot! You know one of the golden rules of owning a jeep is to keep a towel always handy to defrost the windows and put in a wet seat.:thThumbsU

They sting now if you find them on Fleebay for sale. I have seen them sell for $20 each with the backing plates. I have about 10 of them left over in my jeep/keep box just in case.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Just traded my 52 8n with fel and backhoe for this 95 jeep. It's the 4 cyl 5 speed. I think the heater core is leaking. Not too hard to fix rite? It has ac.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts