My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Headlight lens crush on my JD 2305

Darn it! I let my sales person talk me out of the front bumper to save some $$$ - now I regret it. Two questions if you can help please:

1) How much and where do you think the best place to buy a new lens kit? (Found this part number for the Headlight assembly - LVA801990)
2) Same question but how much and where to buy the front metal bumper (mounts to frame of tractor) too? Cant find part number for this.

Thanks!!!

Greg

Attachments

·
W5CPT
190 Posts
If you find a place cheaper, I mean, less expensive than the dealer, let us know. I have only had my 2305 about a month and have already gotten one tail light and holed my grill. I was able to hammer out most of the dent but still have a small hole in the upper left side of the grill. A little higher and mine would look like yours. Oh well, it is a tool and meant to be used, right?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All - here is the pricing on the Grill Guard and new headlight assembly from my local dealer. Note, I was unable to find any seller on line, no Craigslist, no eBay, nowhere. I was a bit surprised...

1) Grill Guard for 2305 = $208.00
2) Headlight Assembly for 2305 = $66.00

Hope that helps.

·
W5CPT
190 Posts
I notice you have included the Grill Guard. It is not a cure-all for protecting your front end. As I wrote in my earlier post, my damage is only slightly lower than yours, and I have the Grill Guard. It comes with the 200CX loader, which I have. My damage was done while pushing brush with the loader.

It is my intention to remove the Grill Guard and have a local welding shop (my welding while sturdy, is ugly) put a piece of expanded metal on the front of the Guard. I am hoping that it will stop sticks, and branches from going through the Guard and poking any additional holes in my grill or, God Forbid, my radiator. I will then paint it JD Green and reinstall it.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Did you try Keeping It Green? I don't know if there prices are better, but at least they are a site supporter.

steve

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
That is why I never drink and drive my tractor. :drunkie: :trink39::trink40::sidelaugh

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I notice you have included the Grill Guard. It is not a cure-all for protecting your front end. As I wrote in my earlier post, my damage is only slightly lower than yours, and I have the Grill Guard. It comes with the 200CX loader, which I have. My damage was done while pushing brush with the loader.

It is my intention to remove the Grill Guard and have a local welding shop (my welding while sturdy, is ugly) put a piece of expanded metal on the front of the Guard. I am hoping that it will stop sticks, and branches from going through the Guard and poking any additional holes in my grill or, God Forbid, my radiator. I will then paint it JD Green and reinstall it.

Can you post pictures here once you get that welding done? I would love to see what you have done and maybe I will do the same. Thanks!

·
Registered
129 Posts

Clint

Here is a link to a thread of the grill guard I upgraded. It looks like you want to do the same thing that I did. Hope this helps.

Tim.
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=106017&highlight=grill+guard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts