My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Small Engine Tech
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think that plow is to much for a Kubota B6000 4wd? I tried a Brinly 12" cat 0 behind my Yanmar, which was about the same size but 2wd, and by its design, wasnt able to plow to correct depth, the taller tires on the back of the compact, put the plow at the bottom of the 3pt travel on that model. I like the Leinbach cat 1 plow, but dont want more plow that the tractor can handle. Thanks Mike

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
That B6000 should be able to pull that plow without any problems. Sounds like you nee to adjust your 3PH arms down so you can get the proper depth to plow with.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Do you guys think that plow is to much for a Kubota B6000 4wd? I tried a Brinly 12" cat 0 behind my Yanmar, which was about the same size but 2wd, and by its design, wasnt able to plow to correct depth, the taller tires on the back of the compact, put the plow at the bottom of the 3pt travel on that model. I like the Leinbach cat 1 plow, but dont want more plow that the tractor can handle. Thanks Mike
The B6000 4wd will have no problems at all pulling this plow. :fing32:

·
Small Engine Tech
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The brinly catagory 0 plow is set up for the shorter tire height on a garden tractor, so it takes all a cat 1 can do to put it in the ground for depth. I had the adjustment all the way down and I was draging the one lower arm on the furrow wall as I plowed. If you set a cat 1 and a cat 0 plow side by side, the differance is very noticable. My problem was most cat 1 plows I found were much larger with a 14" bottom and looked huge compared to the little B series. Hopefully I will have the funds to purchase this plow in the near future. Mike

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Mike,
I have a Brinly 12" plow and my Bolens 1455 has no trouble pulling it. The tractor has a16 hp. Briggs engine in it. If your hitch is set properly your Yanmar should plow very well. I was at a plowday in Ohio last fall and tried to plow with my plow set up the same way I plow my garden. I found that in their ground 7" was too deep for the traction I had. I was running on turf tires and no chains. Some where on the forum is a picture of me and the tractor taken there.
Dave

·
Small Engine Tech
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is where I tried to plow with Eric Lewis's Brinly Cat 0 plow. I have since sold that Yanmar and bought a B6000 Kubota you see in the pic on the left. I wanted the 4wd for winter work. Right now plowing is the last thing on the burner, finding a job and moving into our new home in Kokomo, IN is the first order of business. Second is getting my Woods RM42-KB picked up from near Joliet IL and brought down to Kokomo or somewhere close till we get moved. Mike

·
Small Engine Tech
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I changed tractors. Now I am hunting for a 12" plow that I can put on the back of a 982 Cub Cadet Super Garden Tractor, Cat 0 3pt hitch with hyd lift. I have been looking at the Howse plows, which are similar to the Leinbach plows and have the options of a depth control wheel and a coulter, both of which I would like to have. The Brinly cat 0 plows are getting very hard to find now, been looking since I got the tractor without any luck. Are there any 1 bottom, 12" plows that have cat 0 spacing on the lower link mounts? I can replace the cat 1 pins with cat 0, but I doubt the 982 can handle the cat 1 width. Mike

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Mike,
Check the Simplicity web site. They list a 3ph plow in their attachments.
Yes, I rember the Yanmar at Gonya's plow day. :goodl:
Dave

·
Small Engine Tech
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You gonna come to aw's this year dave? My wife and I both plan to be there again, she just bought a red 582 cub cadet with a freshly rebuilt engine. Her's is plowing ready and I have a sleeve hitch plow for it. Mike

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Mike,
So far the plan is to try and be there again. I hope to get the 1455 painted this summer if all goes well.
Dave

·
Small Engine Tech
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found a plow, trading my old wheel horse for it when we come back to Indiana in the next month or so. Cheers Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts