My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

If you get a direct fit replacement it is just a little bit time consuming.....a second set of hands here and there also does help...but not technically difficult...some people who are set up for it and do it frequently can do it in a few hours

Registered
Well since you asked...In April 2014 I bought a '04 XL 4x4 LC KAWA with 60" deck and front blade and standard turf tires w/o rear PTO and 3 pt. with 650hrs. In August of that year I bought a FEL for it and have loved it ever since but wanted to get a 48" deck (60" just too big for my yard) and a snow blower for it. Fast forward to July '16 I found a '06 XL 4x4 LC KAWA with FEL, 60" deck, single stage snow blower, turbo bagger and rear PTO and 3 pt. with field trax on 3 of the 4 tires and just under 500hrs. So I swapped the loader, and deck onto the '04 and sold with bagger. Now I thought that was gonna be it until yesterday when I bought a '05 XL 4x4 Diesel with FEL, 48" mower deck, back blade, and rear PTO and 3 pt. with 430hrs and 4 field trax tires. So I'm keeping the 48" deck and back blade and selling one of the 2 with the 60" deck and loader of course. This is where I stand today no knowing what unit I'm keeping. Pros and Cons to each would be great.
Sorry for late reply. I worked as the engineer on the legacy tractors and your and all the rest or MOST of the rest no crank on command, Is the PTO switch. there is an updated switch for the problem and I think the aftermarket has a higher amp rated switch.as well, If you can't find any let me know I have a few. ANY legacy questions very welcome, Luke

41 - 43 of 43 Posts